No announcement yet.

Cheaper than Dirt fined

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish it would put them completely out of business.

Comment

It makes no difference to me. If people are willing to pay their prices it's nobody else's business. Supply and demand. Be prepared or pay the price and whine.

Comment

mind boggling that it took this long! they have been doing that since 9/11, then again during each election cycle, etc...

Comment

I remember when I bought a can of 800 tracers from them for $139 right before the 2008 run. Like 3 days before. Walked into the Mckinney store a week later, thinking I might pick up another can, and the same pallet was sitting there with the same ammo, but the price was $750. I've never done business with them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy1123 View Post
            This makes me happy. Hope Alamo Ammo is next.
            Are you referring to the AA from SA?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
              It makes no difference to me. If people are willing to pay their prices it's nobody else's business. Supply and demand. Be prepared or pay the price and whine.
              Although I am as frustrated as anyone trying to find ammo, that's kinda where I land on this. When supplies of anything get low due to high demand, prices are going to skyrocket one way or another. If the retailer leaves his prices at pre-panic levels the first guys through the door when the run starts will buy it all up and resell it higher. However if the retailer jacks his prices way up it does two things. It cuts down to some degree on hoarding, but more importantly it tends to distribute the available inventory across a larger number of people. What's better, one guy buying the entire 10,000 rounds left on the shelf at normal prices or 100 guys ending up with 100 rounds each at inflated prices? It may sound good in theory but it is really hard to find a retailer who "out of a sense of fairness" will sell his inventory at a fraction of what he could get in the open market during a shortage.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                x2!!! You don't have to buy ammo from them, there are many other outlets. Price Gouging I always thought was for essential items LIKE FOOD,WATER, GASOLINE.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                  x2!!! You don't have to buy ammo from them, there are many other outlets. Price Gouging I always thought was for essential items LIKE FOOD,WATER, GASOLINE.
                  Maybe for other states. [emoji854][emoji854]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    Although I am as frustrated as anyone trying to find ammo, that's kinda where I land on this. When supplies of anything get low due to high demand, prices are going to skyrocket one way or another. If the retailer leaves his prices at pre-panic levels the first guys through the door when the run starts will buy it all up and resell it higher. However if the retailer jacks his prices way up it does two things. It cuts down to some degree on hoarding, but more importantly it tends to distribute the available inventory across a larger number of people. What's better, one guy buying the entire 10,000 rounds left on the shelf at normal prices or 100 guys ending up with 100 rounds each at inflated prices? It may sound good in theory but it is really hard to find a retailer who "out of a sense of fairness" will sell his inventory at a fraction of what he could get in the open market during a shortage.

I agree with this.

I think CTD and Alamo are stupid high on their prices but guess what, they have ammo to buy.....and nobody else has any. If you need some they have it. Academy doesn’t have any.

Say you are a builder and you build a spec house for $325,000 and the realtor says you can get $650,000 for it....are you going to sell it for $400,000 just because someone needs a house? Heck no, your are going to push your realtor to price it at $675,000 so you can negotiate down to $650,000.

I’ve already decided that if this crap ever goes back to normal I’m buying $20k of 223 and 308. When it goes crazy again my ROI will make my portfolio look anemic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sheep are meant to be sheared, we’re not communists!

Comment

Do you sale something at the cost you paid for the item or the cost to replace it?
                        If a box of ammo was $35.00 four years ago but it's $75.00 now, what would you sale a box of ammo for?

Comment

They are a pos company. Screw them!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                            They should be ostracized from the gun community.
                            Making a fair profit is fine. But gouging is another matter.
                            Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                              Do you sale something at the cost you paid for the item or the cost to replace it?
                              If a box of ammo was $35.00 four years ago but it's $75.00 now, what would you sale a box of ammo for?
                              If you are just going to turn around and replace it then why sell it to begin with?

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                                Good deal.

Hope the fine is wipes out their entire profit margin thus they sold the ammo for their price.
                                That would be great!

Comment

Working...
                                X