Table Saw Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delta table saw

I went with a delta table saw. So far I am loving it.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      I hope this doesn’t sound preachy but if you haven’t used one before I would recommend watching some table saw safety videos on YouTube. Although I am comfortable using power tools of all kinds, I was a little wary about buying a table saw because over the years I’ve known 3 guys who have mangled themselves badly using one. The videos are very helpful to learn how to avoid kickback, how to use push sticks properly and other safety tips. It’s not difficult but one mistake can be life-altering.
      I sell Sawstop table saws into commercial shops. We tell them if you replace one you need to replace them all for liability reasons! It is costly to pay for an employee who gets into a piece of equipment.

I like the Sawstop. I have had guys tell me that it is the best table saw on the market.

We take equipment in in trade and I run into deals on equipment weekly. I sold 4 new Commercial Sawstops last month and I was sick all month! They sell themselves!

Comment

I bought a Grizzly job site table saw, and I regret it.
        I wish I would have bought a stationary instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Nado View Post
          Ya the sawstop would be nice but I’m just a hobbies and idk about the price point to just use here and there
          What type of cuts are you mostly going to do? If you are cutting 4x8 panels a lot, a saw with a bigger table might be a better fit, if it is smaller cuts like for fingers. then smaller saw is okay if you make a sled. I was lucky enough to have been given an old commercial Delta. It weighs a ton.
          Good luck.

Comment

I have a saw made by Grizzly, good saw but looks like their prices have sky-rocketed since buying mine.

Grizzly Industrial, Inc. is a national retail and internet company providing a wide variety of high-quality woodworking and metalworking machinery, power tools, hand tools and accessories. By selling directly to end users we provide the best quality products at the best price to professionals and hobbyists.

Have also heard good things about Rigid saws/tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Neuse View Post
              I bought a Grizzly job site table saw, and I regret it.
              I wish I would have bought a stationary instead.
              What don't you like about the saw? I'm considering buying this model or the Dewalt portable.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                I would not buy a battery table saw. I love Jay Lenos garage, and to quote him everyone lies about sex and battery life. My most used tool, and the most dangerous tool I own. I would get something more sturdy than a jobsite saw, if you have the room.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DELTA-Contr...Saw/1001385562

Thanks for sharing this, This one wasn’t on my radar until you shared this link. Now I’m leaning towards this Delta. How do you like it? Anything you didn’t like about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  I hope this doesn’t sound preachy but if you haven’t used one before I would recommend watching some table saw safety videos on YouTube. Although I am comfortable using power tools of all kinds, I was a little wary about buying a table saw because over the years I’ve known 3 guys who have mangled themselves badly using one. The videos are very helpful to learn how to avoid kickback, how to use push sticks properly and other safety tips. It’s not difficult but one mistake can be life-altering.
                  Was coming down to the bottom to post this as well. Be on your A game and do not be distracted when operating one. By far the most dangerous saw I have ever worked on or around, they will mangle you quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Tagging for later as well. Been wanting to get a decent table saw for awhile now.

Comment

Working...
                  X