No announcement yet.

Table Saw Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had a Ridgid table saw---not the portable or contractor type--- for about 15 years with nothing bad about it other than it is a bear to keep the dust from going everywhere Not easy to tune/set up, but it is doable This is true with most table saws, so the dust is something to think about if you plan on using it in your garage.

The fence is OK but nothing to brag about. The miter gauge is crap---buy a good after-market one.

Comment

The Hercules at Harbor Freight gets good reviews. I checked it out at the store and it looks pretty solid. They go on sale pretty often. Thinking about picking one up when they do.

I used to avoid HF power tools but they have been upping their game lately.

https://www.harborfreight.com/10-in-...saw-64855.html

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NerG1O528IA&ab_channel=TheDenofTools"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NerG1O528IA&ab_channel=TheDenofTools[/ame]

Comment

I had a skil and burned it up. Bought a dewalt jobsite saw and love it. Fold it up when not in use, it doesn't take up a lot of space.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
          I would not buy a battery table saw. I love Jay Lenos garage, and to quote him everyone lies about sex and battery life. My most used tool, and the most dangerous tool I own. I would get something more sturdy than a jobsite saw, if you have the room.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/DELTA-Contr...Saw/1001385562

Hadn’t seen this looks like a good option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            I don't have room for a cabinet saw so I had to go with a jobsite model I can roll into the corner when not in use. I really wanted the Sawstop for it's safety features and heavier table but I couldn't justify spending almost $1,600 on something I won't use that often. I ended up going with the Dewalt for $599. I bought it about 6 months ago and so far I'm very happy with it.
            https://www.homedepot.com/p/DEWALT-1...91RS/204512007

Ya the sawstop would be nice but I’m just a hobbies and idk about the price point to just use here and there

Comment

I use the rigid with no complaint GTG

Comment

Table saw

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                I got a Craftsman that is 20 years old. I would buy what my budget allowed me, I try not to skimp on tools.
                Got Same and its probably twice that age and works great...are craftsman still that good a product..Mine sure has been

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                  I have had a Ridgid table saw---not the portable or contractor type--- for about 15 years with nothing bad about it other than it is a bear to keep the dust from going everywhere Not easy to tune/set up, but it is doable This is true with most table saws, so the dust is something to think about if you plan on using it in your garage.

The fence is OK but nothing to brag about. The miter gauge is crap---buy a good after-market one.

Ya I’m wanting something that has the dust collection integrated for that very reason. But thinking a corded option would be best and last me the longest

Comment

Anyone with a Milwaukee who can chime in. I’ve recently moved to their ecosystem and changing to dewalt for a table saw wouldn’t be ideal but I’m fine with it if Milwaukee reviews are not good.

Comment

I'd be wary of getting a battery powered one, especially dewalt, when they went through and upgraded their batteries to lithium ion they redesigned all of their tools so that none of the old tools were compatible with the newer batteries, and left everyone holding their old tools that pretty much became paperweights (I know you can still get the nicad batteries but why would you spend the same money for half the battery). Who's to say in 3 years they don't do that again?

Ryobi made sure that their old tools were compatible with their new Lithium Ion battery packs and that sold me.

I don't know anything about Ryobi's table saws, but I do know that they make a number of tools that can run on Corded power AND Battery which is very convenient. At the very least maybe see if you can find one (from any brand) that offers this feature.

Comment

Originally posted by Nado View Post
                        Ya I’m wanting something that has the dust collection integrated for that very reason. But thinking a corded option would be best and last me the longest

It has a built-in dust catcher, but it is not 100% effective--maybe 75% at most.

Comment

I just bought a Craftsman. I have a couple projects I'm going to do in the near future. They will take less than 50 cuts combined so I couldn't wrap my head around paying more when this one is all I really need.

Shop CRAFTSMAN 10-in 15-Amp 120-Volt Corded Portable Jobsite Table Saw with Folding Stand in the Table Saws department at Lowe's.com. Craftsman 10 in. table saw has a powerful 15- amp motor that generates 5000 RPM designed for cutting various wood working materials with precision for jobsite

Comment

Metabo - Great price right now at Lowe’s and a good saw.

Comment

I found a lightly used sawstop job site saw on fb for about 1/2 retail. Wanted a portable saw both for storage and because I like to work in the driveway instead of the garage because of sawdust so I like stuff to be portable.

Comment

I hope this doesn’t sound preachy but if you haven’t used one before I would recommend watching some table saw safety videos on YouTube. Although I am comfortable using power tools of all kinds, I was a little wary about buying a table saw because over the years I’ve known 3 guys who have mangled themselves badly using one. The videos are very helpful to learn how to avoid kickback, how to use push sticks properly and other safety tips. It’s not difficult but one mistake can be life-altering.

Comment

Working...
                                X