Pistol carry in truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    I will try to snap some pics tomorrow. If the 2020 console is like the 15-19 console my design works great.

I built a kydex piece that attaches to the side of the console and has a magnet it the top so the pistol is in between the kydex and console but very accessible to the right hand. More accessible than appendix carry and light years ahead of trying to dig one out of the console.

My 2015 was broken into, the immediately went for the console and then the door panel and left. He never saw the pistol in there....

Very interested in seeing your design!

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      I will try to snap some pics tomorrow. If the 2020 console is like the 15-19 console my design works great.

I built a kydex piece that attaches to the side of the console and has a magnet it the top so the pistol is in between the kydex and console but very accessible to the right hand. More accessible than appendix carry and light years ahead of trying to dig one out of the console.

My 2015 was broken into, the immediately went for the console and then the door panel and left. He never saw the pistol in there....
      Tagged I want to see it.

Comment

Comment

There's a little pocket right under the handle you pull to open the door. That's a good location too.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
            Correct me if I am wrong

Vehicle guns

LTC holder- can be concealed or in open but if in open it must be in a holster

Non LTC holder- must be concealed,

This means on a magnet is not concealed unless you are draping a rag over it.
            Same with door carry. If its visible when door is open it is not concealed.

Mine stays somewhere close to me that is convenient yet I keep a rag/bandanna over it to meet the concealed standard

one of the google links

https://www.thetexastrialattorney.co...gun-car-texas/
            Yes. The pistol is not supposed to be in plain sight unless it is attached to you in a holster.
            This means having your pistol in your cup holder or on one of the magnet holders people are discussing is against the law in Texas. At least that is how it was explained to me.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
              Yes. The pistol is not supposed to be in plain sight unless it is attached to you in a holster.
              This means having your pistol in your cup holder or on one of the magnet holders people are discussing is against the law in Texas. At least that is how it was explained to me.
              Correct. The law is written pretty clear. Most of these suggestions above are technically illegal in the state of Texas. I doubt most officers would care, unless you're breaking the law. If you had to use the gun, you wanna make sure all your ducks are in a row.

Comment

Put your magnet where it isn’t in plain view. Problem solved. Mine is up under the dash on my Dodge. Not plain view in my opinion unless you open the door and look up under there with a flashlight.

Comment

Working...
                X