Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
    How’s the weather?
    Absolutely rancid. It snowed and sleeted most of the day and hasn’t gotten above 35°. Wind is kicking at about 35.

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    You got more hunters comin' in? Better get you some Advil and get at it!
    Yes sir, just got a new one in camp. He’s a return guy from last year and ain’t scared of a little weather. He’s a good one.

I’m parked on the south end of the same field I’ve been hunting. Weather is brutal and I’m just not that mad at it today. I kind of have my doubts about deer movement. Cold and wind is fine but they don’t like snow and ice falling from the sky. I’ve been seeing a different group of deer coming out at night and 2 of them are really nice ones. With any luck we’ll get to see them up close.

Comment

Small buck just ran out to the middle of the field.

Comment

Sure hope you got a nice warm, dry skinnin' shed!! Otherwise, I'd put my hunters in a "gar hole" like GarGuy did you!!

Comment

Sure hope you got a nice warm, dry skinnin' shed!! Otherwise, I'd put my hunters in a "gar hole" like GarGuy did you!!
          Sadly I do not! That was way up on the priority list but between covid and hurricanes we were never able to get the walls and roof up. It’s just a concrete slab on a hill. I skinned one this morning in the snow and it took me about an hour to get it quartered. I’d go til I couldn’t feel my hands then I’d go sit in the truck lol

Comment

5 does here now

Comment

Just got the call. Got to go skin a deer.

Comment

Funny you mention that. My first sit on that stand this year resulted in the loss of my last tag.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                  Just got the call. Got to go skin a deer.
                  Man a cheap electric winch will sure save some cold fingers

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Funny you mention that. My first sit on that stand this year resulted in the loss of my last tag.

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    Man a cheap electric winch will sure save some cold fingers

Yea, and some tarps stretched around that dang skinnin' rack!!

Comment

Poor people got poor ways lol. We’re here at Rusty’s on 66 and I’m about tontune up my guitar.

Comment

Headache coming on for the morning hunt. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                          Headache coming on for the morning hunt. Lol
                          Nah, I was a good boy last night. Slipping in now. Hunters were late getting to camp so we got a late start. It’s 30° and wind still kicking way into the 20’s

Comment

Good luck this AM Steve. I'd probably hunt in my truck blind non stop with those temps .

Comment

Pretty slow again this morning. I’ve seen 2 bigger framed bucks but they were too far to say what they were even with the spotting scope.

Comment

I’m back in and late as usual trying to fill my Gray Co tag. I can’t blame it on the hunters today. When I dropped them off I realized I’d left my phone at camp��*♂️ Kind of important to remember that when you have 4 people you don’t know in country that they don’t know carrying loaded weapons!

There’s currently nothing in the field which hasn’t been the case. I’m completely ready to bail and do a stalk if I need to. I’m tired of carrying these tags around in my pocket. There was a big mature 9pt in the 130’s here last night. If I see him he’s in real bad trouble!

Comment

Working...
                                X