Live at the Chap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
    I've tried to figure it out myself. I'm not sure what the ticket would be.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I have wondered about this same issue since a youth hunt at East Lake last year. For some reason the only exotic allowed on that hunt is Nilgai even though there are other exotics present. One dad wasn’t aware of this and his son took two other exotics on the first day. When he learned about the regulation for the hunt he self reported. The fed warden came out and gave him a citation and confiscated all of their meat. I have wondered since then what specifically the citation was for as he didn’t violate any state law that I’m aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Solo, I apologize if I have derailed your live hunt. I just hate to see a guy get messed over for what sounds like a management deer on a hunt designed to take them Good question. But, I dont think that us the right call. On 2 occasions we caught poachers on ISD owned property hunting years ago. Both occasions with different wardens. The poachers got tickets for hunting without consent. I think hunting without consent would cover trespassing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      Not to worry! I as well would hate to see him get ticketed and lose the buck.

Super slow here. Have one hour left. If I can get one more doe to pop out I'm sending it.

Comment

Well that's a wrap. Gave my thanks to the staff for a great hunt and headed out. That guy was loading his 6pt up when I got there. Thankfully they let him keep it. He let me snap a pic.

Thanks for following along, and for the congratulatory remarks!

Comment

They called that an 8? Crazy

Comment

Well that's a wrap. Gave my thanks to the staff for a great hunt and headed out. That guy was loading his 6pt up when I got there. Thankfully they let him keep it. He let me snap a pic.

Thanks for following along, and for the congratulatory remarks!

Wow that really is a stud. Those points on the base barely make an inch... geez lol. And, I guess he’s not going for a shoulder mount. Is that a slit across his throat or cheek to check age? Hard to tell.

Thanks for taking us along. That was fun.

Comment

That is a heck of a management buck. No wonder he had such a hard time seeing any kickers, even in the pictures they are almost unrecognizable.

Comment

In other news, I had the pleasure of spending a few hours with a pair of TBH's finest members, Rod and Courtney. Got to meet the promising new recruit, Chewy, which is Courtney's new trailing pup, and look at big deer. Enjoyed the camaraderie guys!

Enjoyed the visit - sorry it was so short!

We were hunting pretty close to the Chap fence this morning and I thought they were duck hunting over there based on all the shots I heard

Saw one guy in a Ford driving down the wma road with what looked to be a doe in the truck bed.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
                  Wow that really is a stud. Those points on the base barely make an inch... geez lol. And, I guess he’s not going for a shoulder mount. Is that a slit across his throat or cheek to check age? Hard to tell.

Thanks for taking us along. That was fun.
                  Guy was pretty disappointed. He wanted to shoulder mount it and they cut the throat to remove lymph nodes. I told him to ask a few taxidermist, they could get him another cape.

Comment

Good call by the warden I would have shot that in a heartbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                      Enjoyed the visit - sorry it was so short!

We were hunting pretty close to the Chap fence this morning and I thought they were duck hunting over there based on all the shots I heard

Saw one guy in a Ford driving down the wma road with what looked to be a doe in the truck bed.
                      Haha it was crazy. They had does stacked like cord wood at HQ.

Comment

Check out this big ole 6 point

Here's a look at some wildlife violation cases from this previous fall, along with sentencing in a baiting case. All are well worth mentioning, and are a reminder that protecting wildlife resources is a never-ending job. [...]

Comment

6 pt scored 133"

Comment

Yea, calling that an 8 is kinds ridiculous. I'm glad he got to keep the deer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WS_AG View Post
                              6 pt scored 133"
                              No kidding? Man that's good for a 6!

Comment

That is an incredible 6 point and I'm surprised they made that big a stink about it, he was an obvious candidate to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X