Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hear my warning, this will be the new bowfishing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sailor View Post
    Do folks not realize.................
    Fish are one of the best fertilizers there is ????
    Heck, take'em home.... and bury them in the flower beds...........
    But mostly, I say....... If you ain't gonna eat'em.......
    don't kill'em.......(there are exceptions to this).............
    I have the same issue with alot of duck and goose shooters. I call them shooters bc they aren't hunters. I mostly hunt public but go on a few guided hunts every year. At the end of the hunts all they shooters want their pic with the pile but none of them want to take any birds home with them. When I hunt public I refuse to hunt with anyone who doesn't eat their birds. These guys that just want the hero pic with the pile **** me off.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
      I have the same issue with alot of duck and goose shooters. I call them shooters bc they aren't hunters. I mostly hunt public but go on a few guided hunts every year. At the end of the hunts all they shooters want their pic with the pile but none of them want to take any birds home with them. When I hunt public I refuse to hunt with anyone who doesn't eat their birds. These guys that just want the hero pic with the pile **** me off.
      Nationwide, what percentage of ducks and geese taken by hunters are actually eaten? No way to know but my guess is it's pretty low...

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
        Whats the name of that scaley fish in the photo next to carp?

Armored catfish. Another non native species dumped in lakes from aquariums and has spread everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          Nationwide, what percentage of ducks and geese taken by hunters are actually eaten? No way to know but my guess is it's pretty low...
          I bet 75% of waterfowl taken are disposed of instead of being eaten by the hunters.

Comment

Didn't realize pleco's had gotten like that in Texas lakes. Have seen issues with them in Florida.

We always dumped our fish in some woods by my buddies house, but encountered many coves where guys had shot fish and threw them back. Makes us all look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
              Armored catfish. Another non native species dumped in lakes from aquariums and has spread everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I was thinking tilapia but maybe that too

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Man there are people that love duck, better than dove, I don't get it, I like dove but to me duck is nasty so I don't hunt them.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                  Man there are people that love duck, better than dove, I don't get it, I like dove but to me duck is nasty so I don't hunt them.
                  Me too boss....I don't care for duck, so I don't hunt them. I love dove and used to have a buddy who loved to hunt them but wouldn't eat them. He was a better shot than me so it worked out.

Comment

Duck bled out and cooked correctly tastes better than rut venison

Comment

Wow! I did not know the issue had spread to hogs being dumped in ditches. Yep, hurts our image far worst than most realize. I may need to add that discussion to our SCI Hunter Safety Class............too much at stake in protecting our heritage! I guess the ole saying "Coyotes & buzzards gotta eat to" is biting us in the butt.
                      Last edited by Landrover; 11-23-2020, 04:18 PM.

Comment

East Tx I agree. I like duck nuggets

Comment

I went and cleaned up a pile of dead varmints after the last Big Cat Contest for the same reason. People shoot them haul them to weigh in then just dump on side of road. Not a good look for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bigchiefj View Post
                            I bet 75% of waterfowl taken are disposed of instead of being eaten by the hunters.
                            Yep I'd agree with that, unfortunately.....

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                              Duck bled out and cooked correctly tastes better than rut venison
                              This X100000000. Used to hate duck but now it’s one of my favorite wild game to eat after learning how to prepare it correctly.

Comment

That lone fish is a Tilapia and they are very good eating. Duck is delicious and they really are easy to cook. Just don't over cook them.

Comment

Working...
                                X