Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hear my warning, this will be the new bowfishing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hear my warning, this will be the new bowfishing...

I use to bowfishing 5 plus nights a week. Fish disposal was always something that had to be planned in, but finally the masses took it over. They spend $60k on a boat but got nowhere to dispose of fish... so they flip their white trash switch on and dump on roads, blacktops and ramps. A major black eye on a sport I loved. I was called one morning by an elderly lady mad AT ME, for dumping in her driveway. I hadn’t even been , but was the “face” of the sport locally. I CLEANED IT UP FOR HER.

Lately it’s hogs. Everyone is a special ops agent with a $5k thermal... with no plan for disposal. So they do the same thing. Line the ditches so we can dodge buzzards in our $60k cars and now dumping in MY hay fields. So who’s the owners call...ME. Who’s gotta clean it up ME

If your one of theses @$$ hats, STOP. It does no good for us that get the job done. If you can’t get rid of your waste on agreed terms, then take up a new hobby. Maybe words with friends or something.
    Last edited by Low Fence; 11-23-2020, 11:53 AM.

Real bad in my neck of the woods too. Don’t know why they can’t just drag them off in the brush. Why go through the trouble of loading them up and just to throw them in a ditch.

Comment

Yup. I see big pigs in bar ditches on my CR several times a year now. Stacked up like cord wood. Moron action day.

Comment

Location checks out

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
          Yup. I see big pigs in bar ditches on my CR several times a year now. Stacked up like cord wood. Moron action day.
          I've seen the carp thing at the boat ramp but never seen people dumping pigs off the road and when its a bunch dead they were actually hit by a vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
            I've seen the carp thing at the boat ramp but never seen people dumping pigs off the road and when its a bunch dead they were actually hit by a vehicle
            These I see are dumped in mass groups. I see a dozen a week hit by cars. I can tell the difference

Comment

I bow fish a lot and the last 2 years the dumping in a ditch a mile from the ramp has gotten bad

Comment

Pigs and deer down our CR. Got to where I just hook a strap to them and the 4wheeler and haul them off.

One day I'm going to be dragging a deer off and GW gonna pull up. lol

Comment

The only reason I see to gather them up and dump later, is photo ops. But, it's no different than throwing your garbage out for others to have to deal with. No excuse!

Comment

Had some issues around Spinks airport in S. Fort Worth, fish being dumped, and later folks stopping to take pics. Bad juju for actual hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                      The only reason I see to gather them up and dump later, is photo ops. But, it's no different than throwing your garbage out for others to have to deal with. No excuse!
                      That, or a landowner that allows hunters to come shoot pigs on his place under the condition that they haul off what they kill. The hunters don't want to mess with skinning/butchering so they haul them off the property as directed and dump them at the first opportunity.

Comment

Here's a lovely abandoned photo op left at the boat ramp of lake dunlap

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Do folks not realize.................
                          Fish are one of the best fertilizers there is ????
                          Heck, take'em home.... and bury them in the flower beds...........
                          But mostly, I say....... If you ain't gonna eat'em.......
                          don't kill'em.......(there are exceptions to this).............

Comment

Whats the name of that scaley fish in the photo next to carp?

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              Real bad in my neck of the woods too. Don’t know why they can’t just drag them off in the brush. Why go through the trouble of loading them up and just to throw them in a ditch.
                              Bc they have to get the hero shot at the end of the night with a pile of pigs.

Comment

Working...
                              X