Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Hunting this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife and I are in the stand in concho county. Trying to get her on a good management buck (she’s never shot a deer). Little gusty this morning so it’s slow. They completely shut down out here in the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Thad_Castle View Post
      Wife and I are in the stand in concho county. Trying to get her on a good management buck (she’s never shot a deer). Little gusty this morning so it’s slow. They completely shut down out here in the wind.
      That’s the way it was last wknd in Coleman co WINDY n warm
      Still here in Leon co this morning

Comment

Good thread guys. I decided to wait on colder prolonged temperatures b4 my next 4 hour trip to the lease. Get em on the ground![emoji109]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Y’all get em!Me and GF in a blind right on Polk and Tyler cty line saw a little buck and doe it’s our first deer to see hunting on this lease.Saw deer all summer getting set up and then bam they disappeared the las few weeks.Rut kicked in and everything is elsewhere.It’s a beautiful morning the woods are coming to life it’s an awesome blessing to be out here.

Comment

A young doe came in but she was too small. A big doe came in but every time she came into the shot windows she was facing me or quartered to me. She finally left. I did draw my bow once but quickly realized I couldn't make a clean shot. My body was contorted backwards, leaning hard left, twisting right and only a sliver of a shot. I let down.

Maybe another will come.

Comment

Haha, you sprayed yourself down with vanilla didnt you?? Thats why that doe walked towards you. We know better. lol

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Why are you you using a red or green light? Your going to spook every deer in the county with a bright white light panning over a field. Christmas is coming up, maybe Santa will bring you a early Christmas present?? One of those fancy red and green lights??

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Had another young buck come by not but 4pts but big forks
                  Nothing but bucks this morning so far

Comment

Omg this has been a crazy morning!

The young doe started coming back but a 3 year old 8 spooked her. He is very wide but not what I'm after. He didn't enter the pen.

Then another doe came in anffor the first time ever I heard a doe call. Im guessing it's an estrus bleat? It definitely was not a call for a lost fawn. She was here for a few seconds and trotted off.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas452 View Post
                      Unusual year for Leon co hardly any acorns what was here is about all gone
                      Coleman co no acorns all mesquite trees with no beans on them
                      Good luck everyone
                      I had not thought about it but your right I have not seen many acorns and we have way more bucks on feeders than normal.

Comment

I have a red light. I've found green spooks them every time. White, sometimes does sometimes does not spook them.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                          I had not thought about it but your right I have not seen many acorns and we have way more bucks on feeders than normal.
                          This drought is going to make hunting feeders easy.

Comment

they are curious about the light, had one walk dang near right up to me the other night in national forest on way in. She couldnt figure out what I was.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                              This drought is going to make hunting feeders easy.
                              Not many acorns and very little rye so far this year
                              My grandchildren shot 2 shooter bucks while the were in the feed pen this year
                              That doesn’t happen much

Comment

I didn't go out this morning, but had a good morning yesterday. I saw 3 bucks and 3 does. I need to finish boning out the buck I killed last week and grind meat today. Plus I am taking about 10 lbs of meat over to the local locker plant to be sliced into "chip steak".

I have been waiting until gray light to walk in on morning hunts. That way I can see if there are deer in the fields or in my food plots. I either wait till the field clears or go to another set. That way I am not stirring up the area I am trying to hunt. A local friend with multiple bow killed Booners taught me this.....as well as a lot of other things that have helped me hunt these Midwest whitetails.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X