Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

New Mathews Bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought the Traverse. Of course its a 2019 model but it was my first high end bow. I have had a PSE Nova as my first bow. Paid 399 or so as a ready to shoot package. Upgraded to a Diamond Outlaw as my second bow at 500-600 rigged out. I looked at quite a few before I settled on the Mathews. Prices were actually comparable to other manufacturers i thought. I'm very happy with the Mathews. At a 32" draw there aren't a ton of options. Mathews also has great customer service from what I can tell so far. People are going to find a reason to hate on one thing or another. Shoot what you want and be happy with that.

Comment

Still shooting a LX.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        If you think there was a toilet paper shortage with COVID-19... wait till you see the lotion shortage when they reveal their new lineup
        Lmao! I’ll be in the market for a new bow. Gonna be hard to break away from hoyt but i let the bow choose me as i’ve had Mathews in the past.

Comment

You boys who can’t carry a 4.5 lb. bow 200 yards from your truck to your stand, need to take up knitting. Maybe get your mommy to come help you.

If any of the other manufacturers can come up with a bow that I can sell over 400 units a year, then bring it on.

Oh and Mathews pricing is identical to every other pro line bow. “Three times the price?” Laughable!

“Out of ideas?” The Switchweight system has knocked it outta the park for them.

Sounds like some of you are still stuck in the 90’s. Go stick your head in an archery shop and educate yourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
            You boys who can’t carry a 4.5 lb. bow 200 yards from your truck to your stand, need to take up knitting. Maybe get your mommy to come help you.

If any of the other manufacturers can come up with a bow that I can sell over 400 units a year, then bring it on.

Oh and Mathews pricing is identical to every other pro line bow. “Three times the price?” Laughable!

Sounds like some of you are still stuck in the 90’s. Go stick your head in an archery shop and educate yourselves.
            ^^^^This right here!!

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've always wondered where the 3 times the price BS comes from. I mean, maybe if you are comparing it to a bear from academy, but I have found them to be the same and sometimes cheaper than other flagship models. I will probably be checking one out on the 17th

Comment

Sorry we struck a nerve with you.. I’ve been a bear fanboy all my life [emoji41]

Comment

If any of you guys who upgrade every year are upgrading from your VXR, let me know as I'm looking for one.

Comment

I shoot the z7, and love it. It's older, but it shoots awesome!

Comment

My son and his buddy bought the VXR ( I think that’s the one they both bought, maybe the vertix) and bragged about the switch weight when they bought them, and neither of them have used that feature. It’s still set the same as when they bought them. My son has sense sold his, but no one they know has taken advantage of the switch weight. Might help for resale I guess though. Of course now my sons waiting for the newest one to come out now. I still have my legacy, outback, switch back ( 2 of these) and reezen 7, I have sold all the others but these ones I really like. But they don’t get shot any more and I guess I really should do something with them.
                      Last edited by critter69; 11-10-2020, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Agreed.... lol. Many could say the same about Hoyt too. Or Bear, or PSE, so on and so forth. I have an older Mathews, it's awesome. Not a fan boy, just impressed with the shooting I am able to do with it. I priced Bear, and high end PSE's before I went with my Mathews, and they are all in the same price range.

Comment

Gonna be bestest ever! Matthews invented the compound bow.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfshrmn View Post
                            I just bought the Traverse. Of course its a 2019 model but it was my first high end bow. I have had a PSE Nova as my first bow. Paid 399 or so as a ready to shoot package. Upgraded to a Diamond Outlaw as my second bow at 500-600 rigged out. I looked at quite a few before I settled on the Mathews. Prices were actually comparable to other manufacturers i thought. I'm very happy with the Mathews. At a 32" draw there aren't a ton of options. Mathews also has great customer service from what I can tell so far. People are going to find a reason to hate on one thing or another. Shoot what you want and be happy with that.
                            I want all bow manufacturers to continue to push engineering and design concepts every year, and IMO nobody consistently does that better than Mathews. Not every year will be a step change, but Mathews has had their fair share of those in recent years, as well. Perhaps the incremental change from the previous year model isn't enough to entice you to "upgrade", but when you start adding multiple years of technology and design improvements , the cumulative differences can be "step changing." I upgraded from the original NoCam to the Traverse in 2019. Those bows were considerably different.

There are certainly those "fan boys" that upgrade bows every year. When you consider resale, it's typically a few hundred dollars, or less, to upgrade yearly. However, there are also those that are shooting models from other manufacturers, or as in the post above, wanting to upgrade from a "beginner" level bow to a high end model. If this is the year they choose to make the jump, I'd be happy they continued to refine and improve even the previous year's model.

Let's also talk about business and free enterprise. If you were the owner of a business that manufactures and sells retail products, would you ever proclaim that "yep, we've perfected it" and quit trying to improve that product (or even the marketing for it?) Not really the "American Way" is it?

I enjoy the anticipation of seeing what new technology the industry has to offer every year, whether I'm in the market or not. I do the same with camera and video equipment, while others do it with vehicles, golf clubs, guns, etc.

As for me, I'm thankful that Mathews has R&D and marketing budgets, and continues to support this website, as well as the multiple archery shops that also support this site and employ a few of our members.
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

If they do what they historically do, they will offer the VXR in a new length with a mild change in the cam. Next year they will bring out a new design altogether. The problem for all bow companies now is that the technology is pretty close to its ceiling, and they are down to just making what amounts to cosmetic changes, because they have to offer something "new" every year.

Comment

Sounds like the anti's are just as committed to their brands as well.

Shoot what is the most comfortable to you and what you have the most confidence in.

You may go through 5 brands. But when you find "the one" - whether it is Mathews, Bowtech, Elite, Hoyt, PSE, Diamond, etc. - buy it. Shoot it. Be happy with it.

Don't make decisions based on popularity. If Mathews happens to be "the one" for you, do it. If not, so be it.

Comment

Working...
                                X