Originally posted by jooger17 View Post

Less than 1 min after the shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji51]

Comment

^^That's how the big ones get bigger^^

Comment

Whoops, someone pulled the trigger too soon lol. At least you know the big one is still out there though

Comment

It’s hot, wind is HOWLING, and I know I have does to skin in a little bit. I skipped out this evening. Dropped hunters off and came back to camp. I’m cleaning up around here and smoking a couple of pork loins.

Comment

So much for a relaxing evening... I just got a call snd they have a busted break line on their truck. Good news is I probably won’t have to skin does this evening lol

Comment

This is for real scary... 25+ winds and I have a hunter in the area.

Comment

Dang. Hope everyone is ok

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
                  Dang. Hope everyone is ok

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The fire is 1/2mi from my hunter and was headed his way. Less than a quarter mike from the gate he calls and says he shot a nice one. OSC also killed a turkey on his birthday and young Aden (lease member’s son) killed a nice one. Waiting on pics for that one.

Comment

The fire is 1/2mi from my hunter and was headed his way. Less than a quarter mike from the gate he calls and says he shot a nice one. OSC also killed a turkey on his birthday and young Aden (lease member’s son) killed a nice one. Waiting on pics for that one.

That’ll work and congrats to OSC on his birthday turkey!

Comment

Everyone is dropped off and I rode over to Gray Co again this morning to watch a different part of the same field as yesterday morning. McClean isn’t far from here and they open at 7:30 so I’m gonna call and see if they have a brake line or can build one to fit so we can get Whit’s truck going.

I had a pretty good scare last night at camp. We had 2 bucks hung up and was working on the skinning and I needed to bump the blade on a stone to get it back to a good edge. I walked into the kitchen area and worked up a razor edge. As I was coming out I saw Whit with a flashlight by his truck and I also wanted to look at the line to make sure I got the right one this morning. I’m walking through the little commons area and it’s coal black because the wind was such that I wouldn’t start a fire in the pit. My right foot catches something and IMMEDIATELY my left foot is tangled and big man fall hard! It happened too fast to register a real thought but I threw both hands out to try and break my fall and it sort of worked but when I hit the ground the razor edge of my knife was less than an inch from my throat! I ALMOST fell directly on my skinning knife with my dang throat! There was an old rusted metal coat hanger that had worked up and almost, and I am not exaggerating this at all, almost was the end of Ol Rojo. That shook me up pretty bad and not much does that.

Anyways, that’s just another sliver of excitement for this week lol. My shoulder that was feeling like it may be getting better took the brunt of the landing so I’m pretty gimped up again and last night I got a pic of the 150ish 8 that drew back on and Burr missed and he’s broken off right in front of his G3 on the right side. This week just keeps getting better lol

Comment

Really enjoy this keep it coming
                        Be careful

Comment

I ALMOST fell directly on my skinning knife with my dang throat! There was an old rusted metal coat hanger that had worked up and almost, and I am not exaggerating this at all, almost was the end of Ol Rojo. That shook me up pretty bad and not much does that.
                          Good lawd, brother...be careful out there!

Comment

As expected I didn’t see much this morning. I dis see a 150’s framed deer on the neighbors pasture though.

Called around and found bad brake line in Elk City, OK so that’s where I’m headed.

Comment

Man Steve, it's one thing to be a lease manager, but DANG you're WAY beyond what I'd do to go hunting!! I don't mind feeding, skinnin', an' maybe even a little turn at cookin', but you're turnin' into a glorified babysitter! Sure hope it all works out for you and you get the opportunity to hunt for yourself before you're too wore out to enjoy it!
                              Sure do enjoy reading/following along on your "hunt" tho... I will say your East Texas hunts with your little sweetie daughter seemed more fun and entertaining tho...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Man Steve, it's one thing to be a lease manager, but DANG you're WAY beyond what I'd do to go hunting!! I don't mind feeding, skinnin', an' maybe even a little turn at cookin', but you're turnin' into a glorified babysitter! Sure hope it all works out for you and you get the opportunity to hunt for yourself before you're too wore out to enjoy it!
                                Sure do enjoy reading/following along on your "hunt" tho... I will say your East Texas hunts with your little sweetie daughter seemed more fun and entertaining tho...

When a man pays good money to go on a 4-5 day hunt he shouldn’t have to worry about something like a busted brake line robbing him of his time. I’ll sacrifice a hunt to make sure their hunting experience was enjoyable. I just hope they remember that when it comes time to leave a tip lol. If they don’t they don’t, it’s still the right thing for me to do. As for the babies and pine trees I’m sure missing all of those. I’ve got 1 more group of hunters coming tomorrow and I’ll get to go home on Tuesday for 3 days then I’ll be right back up here until Christmas. We’re supposed to get some better weather next week so I have my fingers crossed!

Brake line and fluid in tow and headed back to HQ to play mechanic.

Comment

Working...
                                X