Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

How big is this pig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RMW View Post
    Big boy here

Pretty sure that’s a Tacoma so not quite as big as some would be led to believe. Still pretty large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

300 easy! On the OP's post

Comment

This pig is 212. Takes a lot to be a 300 pound pig

Comment

This is why I have scales and weigh big pigs

I just like to know cause otherwise everyone is just guessing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by paco View Post
            300 easy! On the OP's post
            Sorry but not even close

Comment

Update on the hog weight question. Since this one, I have killed two more sows with my bow and my FIL shot a monster boar on Thanksgiving night using a thermal scope. Luckily we brought the scale with us and were able to weigh this pig - which is the biggest I have seen in person.

It was definitely bigger than the one in the OP and it weighed 215 lbs.

So I now believe the original one was probably 175-190.

On a side note: the shield on this boar was almost 2" thick!! We tested a broadhead on him and the magnus stinger had no trouble making a full pass through.
              Attached Files

Comment

I laugh every time I see people guessing or telling pig weights! I weigh MANY MANY pigs a year and it's comical to see

It takes a big pig to hit 200, much less 250 or 300. We have killed alot over 250 and a few over 300. All confirmed with a scale

Comment

Not sure if it helpful but my buddy shot this pig in Medina at the beginning of the year. This guy weighed 322lbs. My bud is 5'10" and ~180lbs.

Comment

He come out of Sam Houston NF? I've been chasing a very similar looking oinker the last couple weeks.

Comment

I've started carrying a digital scale, too. I weigh all big pigs as well and I can say, most will fool you. Some are bigger than you think and some are smaller. I can guess within 30 pounds in person but I can't guess with any photo. There's no depth to a 2D image.

Comment

Great shot on a nice hog OP! Would some of you guys that know pigs give me your estimate on this one? No, I don't know what it weighed, field was too muddy to drive in and there was no way we were going to drag him to the truck. But it's the biggest out of literally hundreds that I've seen killed. And yes, my hunting buddy is right behind the hog, not trying to make him look any bigger. This picture really doesn't even do him justice, he was massive!
                        Attached Files

Comment

B
                          Originally posted by Aggie07 View Post
                          My knees were touching the pig and arm was slightly bent with bow resting on the back of the pig. For the record I guessed him around 200 - wish I would have weighed him.
                          I think your about right, 200 lb give or take 20 lb either way. Almost looks like he is part javelina with some of that hair color.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                            He come out of Sam Houston NF? I've been chasing a very similar looking oinker the last couple weeks.

No. He was from Comanche county

Comment

Working...
                            X