No announcement yet.

Colorado fires blow up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad to see all this, Prayers for all the residents around the affected areas.

Comment

And then people post their elk threads with campfires...

Comment

Originally posted by deerslayer94 View Post
        And then people post their elk threads with campfires...
        I opted to not comment on that thread... which was VERY hard to do. Figured after 10 years on this site I should probably not get banned now.

Comment

Originally posted by helibow View Post
          I have two hospitals in Grand County, one in Granby. We are pretty positive we lost our clinic in Grand Lake, we evacuated the hospital in Granby, Fire Dept set up tankers around the hospital to defend, we closed the hospital entirely yesterday and retreated to the clinic in Winter Park to try to be able to provide care for those still in the area. It's really bad. The fire was burning at 6k acres an HOUR..... it grew 100k acres overnight, we havent gotten the EOC update this morning. They expect it could join the Cameron Peak fire, which the combined fire will have burned over half a million acres (780-ish sq miles). Think of it this way.... imagine driving to Lufkin, and ALL of Angelina County was scortched, nothing standing, every square inch burned.
          Real sorry to hear that. My aunt is a radiologist over in Masonville and the fire got pretty close to her house a few days ago. Wishing y'all all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by helibow View Post
            I opted to not comment on that thread... which was VERY hard to do. Figured after 10 years on this site I should probably not get banned now.

Oops , I bet I stepped in that one. I asked if there was a ban. Some parts of the forest did lift some restrictions.
            Be interesting if USFS decides to check social media and see what folks have posted for hunting trips. Wouldn't be too hard to find some folks and ask a few questions.

The fire is not burning every thing up. There will be pockets of nice timber left standing and good grass in areas, a mosaic pattern burn.
            Lots of standing dead left though and some areas that burned so hot it will be mineral soil left, regeneration will take years in those areas. Some areas will recover with decent moisture in 2 years or so, maybe one.

Towns and homes, that is another story. Lots of folks have lost everything, and lives.

Comment

Holy cow that's horrible. Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers sent to all those affected by these fires. I have been to most if not all the places listed that are suffering. This is about as bad as it gets for the folks up there. Tragic does not describe what is happening to those folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  We have some friends that may have lost their home in Grand Lake last night, haven't confirmed yet.
                  My friends thinks theirs is gone in GL also. Very sad!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                    East of Kremmling/Steamboat yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                    Good grief that’s an amazing picture, prayers for all who are in danger from these fires.

Comment

Working...
                    X