No announcement yet.

Colorado fires blow up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's crazy. Bringing fuel tablets for my stove instead of making any wood fires for this very reason. Praying for them.

Comment

Unreal how quickly that can spread and destroy things. Prayers for those in it's path.

Comment

We were in Walden for 1st Rifle season and the last day smoke was really thick and bad. Bad for breathing.. hope they get a break with the weather.

Comment

Praying for CO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wow! My brother and sister in law have a place in Grand Lake.

Comment

Is there a site to see all the active or past fires for Colorado

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Weather.gov and hit CO then area around steamboat springs. They have more info. Well Google grand lake fire and a nice Google map popes up. Wow.

Prayers for those folks.
                Last edited by cm12setx; 10-23-2020, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Bad deal for all those folks

Comment

Prayers sent!

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                      That's crazy. Bringing fuel tablets for my stove instead of making any wood fires for this very reason. Praying for them.
                      You may want to look into that further depending on where you're going. Can't use a stove in a National Forest right now except a jet boil/canister type stove with an on/off valve. No 'sheepherder stoves' even if it has a spark arrestor. Things may change if they go back to Stage 1 with the coming snow.

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
                        Is there a site to see all the active or past fires for Colorado

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Most of the active fires have a FB page, just search the fire name.

Comment

Saw on FB fire is in RMNP. Not sure if it’s true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea it’s bad here. They are closing many national forests to hunting at this time and offering refunds and points back. If your headed this way before they get these under control make sure you check first.

Comment

I have two hospitals in Grand County, one in Granby. We are pretty positive we lost our clinic in Grand Lake, we evacuated the hospital in Granby, Fire Dept set up tankers around the hospital to defend, we closed the hospital entirely yesterday and retreated to the clinic in Winter Park to try to be able to provide care for those still in the area. It's really bad. The fire was burning at 6k acres an HOUR..... it grew 100k acres overnight, we havent gotten the EOC update this morning. They expect it could join the Cameron Peak fire, which the combined fire will have burned over half a million acres (780-ish sq miles). Think of it this way.... imagine driving to Lufkin, and ALL of Angelina County was scortched, nothing standing, every square inch burned.
                              Last edited by helibow; 10-23-2020, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X