Hummer Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
    I tried to order one but couldn't get a cigarette lighter installed (that's a deal breaker for me) so I'm going pass on it.
    Wonder how the old school push in cig lighter would effect battery range...

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI_Jl5WFQkA"]The Simpsons - Canyonero - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Not going to lie, I'm not sure how anyone is bashing this thing. Outside of charging range this thing is BAD A**. But to be able to get over a 100 mile charge in 10 minutes isnt bad!

Comment

Ugly as can be. I would never buy one, especially since something that heavy will be garbage off road. Not to mention the towing will suck. I don't care if it has 11,000 torque. It will pull like crap.

That said, I hope they sell millions of them. The money that could be dumped into R&D would make batteries even better so apes like me could actually afford them. In 10 years, there are going to be a ton more charging stations, and charge times will be on par with filling up a gas tank.

For those worried about charging. GM will have something similar to Tesla, where it will plot out your route, tell you where to stop for electricity, how long you need to be there, and when to leave. It's pretty clever. OR, they will figure out how to make interchangeable batteries, where you swap them at predetermined locations (Think battery stations instead of gas stations).

Comment

Sweet..just put a generator in back with a remote start and now you have unlimited range on 1.5 gallons of gas.

Comment

How long do the batteries last and how much to replace them?

Comment

The truck manufacturers need to start somewhere so 10-15 years from now we will look back on it and wonder. I'll keep my diesel for that period.

Comment

Replacing the average golf cart batteries is 7-800 bucks. These batteries have to be way more expensive.

What are the batteries for these things going to do to the environment. Think about the production and waste for those things. How does that work?

How high does your electricity bill go if your charging at home? My summertime Electric bill is already ridiculous.

My v8 is paid off. I'll just stick with it.

Comment

What are the batteries for these things going to do to the environment. Think about the production and waste for those things. How does that work?
                    That statement is worth thinking about. Just because it does not use a fossil fuel directly, what kind of electric source does it come from?

Comment

Features and specs are incredible!

Lots of other questions/unknowns. Probably not the best thing for country folks. Not exactly charging stations everywhere just yet!

Comment

Pretty cool. The range is the only sucky part. Far out of my price range.

Comment

I want one. You only go around once.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                            Ugly as can be. I would never buy one, especially since something that heavy will be garbage off road. Not to mention the towing will suck. I don't care if it has 11,000 torque. It will pull like crap.

That said, I hope they sell millions of them. The money that could be dumped into R&D would make batteries even better so apes like me could actually afford them. In 10 years, there are going to be a ton more charging stations, and charge times will be on par with filling up a gas tank.

For those worried about charging. GM will have something similar to Tesla, where it will plot out your route, tell you where to stop for electricity, how long you need to be there, and when to leave. It's pretty clever. OR, they will figure out how to make interchangeable batteries, where you swap them at predetermined locations (Think battery stations instead of gas stations).

I have read this is a pipe dream. The investment (fleet of batteries) a gas station would have to make would be so high a swap would cost 2X as much as a tank of gas would cost. The bigger issue is people swapping out batteries with 1/2 of their life left for newer ones never really needing to buy a new one.

Tesla expected/projected the private sector would "create" these scenarios like you have described and hardly any of it has happened yet and Teslas have been out for awhile.

No automaker that develops a battery that lasts longer/more efficient than the competition will be willing to share their technology to help them out so an interchangeable battery will never happen.

That being said let's see where we will be in ten years.

Comment

Diesel will walk the floor when pulling a load period!! You might kick the diesels butt in the start but when you stop to recharge for 6 plus hours the diesel will be long gone.

Comment

Originally posted by cap50948 View Post
                                Replacing the average golf cart batteries is 7-800 bucks. These batteries have to be way more expensive.

How high does your electricity bill go if your charging at home? My summertime Electric bill is already ridiculous.

My v8 is paid off. I'll just stick with it.
                                It's a good point. I spend $40/week on gas, and put away $52/month on maintenance (Oil changes/Fuel Filters). That's $250 a month, between fuel and basic maintenance on a fossil burning car. I don't spend even half that on my electric bill in the summer.

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                                I have read this is a pipe dream. The investment (fleet of batteries) a gas station would have to make would be so high a swap would cost 2X as much as a tank of gas would cost. The bigger issue is people swapping out batteries with 1/2 of their life left for newer ones never really needing to buy a new one.

Tesla expected/projected the private sector would "create" these scenarios like you have described and hardly any of it has happened yet and Teslas have been out for awhile.

No automaker that develops a battery that lasts longer/more efficient than the competition will be willing to share their technology to help them out so an interchangeable battery will never happen.

That being said let's see where we will be in ten years.
                                Agreed, and the problem is there just isn't enough electric cars to invest in "battery stations". Of all the car's on the roads, Tesla/electric cars make up ~1%. Wait until 25% of cars are electric. Then you will see battery stations.

For the time being, I will stick with my diesel truck. But I am excited for the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X