No announcement yet.

How much is this big boy worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dart him and sell him to a "low fence ranch".

Then release him and have the "hunter" immediately shoot him. That way you can honestly say it's a low fence deer. Should bring even more money that way!

Comment

Some of you folks need to realize you don't have to comment on every thread. Back button is a useful tool. I see posts on here everyday that I do not agree with or that I would not personally do. Doesn't mean I need to belittle the poster for choosing to do so. Breeding program deer don't trip my trigger, but I don't look down on someone that it does. If what you are hunting is legal and ethical, who am I to judge?

Good luck OP, hope y'all get what y'all are looking for.

Comment

Amazing deer. I would be in for the raffle as long as some of the money goes to charity.

Comment

thats a pretty buck, but not a real big one. Looks like 170's at the most, double drops but small frame. Looks like a tag in his left ear? If your going to provide food and lodging then up $7,500 would be a good number if somebody is going to hunt that particular animal

Comment

I'd give him another year or two..... a lot of these ranches sell hunts to better their herd / pay bills etc... to each their own I say

Comment

Originally posted by Slewfoot View Post
              Not so sure the highest bidder will get him. My friend is not in it for lots of money even though he has a plan for the $s. I will let him see these answers and he can decide. Thanks for the input.

My offer was real. Ignore the negative comments. If you would please update this thread if the deer is no longer available

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                Amazing deer. I would be in for the raffle as long as some of the money goes to charity.
                Ditto

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

$100 a inch over the first 100".But a lot cheaper deals than that out there these days.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

My offer was real. Ignore the negative comments. If you would please update this thread if the deer is no longer available
                    I truly believe AC and think he has expressed more actual interest than anyone else on here. I really believe he would be highly thankful if he could have a chance. It's not all about the money. Give the man a shot at it!

Who else thinks that AC wants this badly and will be most appreciative?

Comment

How about a sixer of Fallstaff and a pack of camels.

Comment

I'm going to say it. This deer has value. Let the man make his money. I have hunted HF and LF and I have certainly paid to shoot deer inside and outside of the big fences. I understand that some don't care for it but welcome to America and capitalism. The guy didn't ask for anyones opinion about right or wrong or to see you virtue signalling. High fence hunting is here to stay and will become more prevalent as smaller properties are sold. I am not a buyer as I don't have the money but I'd definitely entertain the raffle idea. If it was me I'd ask 9k and take the first offer over 7500.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

Who else thinks that AC wants this badly and will be most appreciative?

I agree with Burnadell.

Comment

Given that I would say he is a deer in the 160s, I would say around $6,000-6,500 range. Pretty buck.

I honestly have no idea why people care what other people do on their own land. The guy was obviously successful enough, lucky enough to buy his own property. He wanted to maximize his deer herd so he high fenced it. Did he dump genetics in it, maybe. I have no idea and it matters zero to me. Is it more impressive if it is native, absolutely. Does any of this change anything......nope. People need to get over themselves. Holier then thou hunters are the worst.

In the end, it is all for fun. As I have always been told, "it is only life and death for the deer". There are a ton of people who have more money then time. They don't want to screw with a lease or the work that comes with it. They choose to go on a weekend hunt and collect their big buck and then leave. Who gives a ****.

In the end, everyone is "cheating" to some degree. High Dollar bows, rifles, trail cameras, feeders, expensive camo, ozonics, scent control etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              I agree with Burnadell.
                              I think my 12 year old son would be more appreciative. . He is a kind-hearted lad and loves deer with even a single drop. Doubles makes him even that much more appreciative..

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                                Given that I would say he is a deer in the 160s, I would say around $6,000-6,500 range. Pretty buck.

I honestly have no idea why people care what other people do on their own land. The guy was obviously successful enough, lucky enough to buy his own property. He wanted to maximize his deer herd so he high fenced it. Did he dump genetics in it, maybe. I have no idea and it matters zero to me. Is it more impressive if it is native, absolutely. Does any of this change anything......nope. People need to get over themselves. Holier then thou hunters are the worst.

In the end, it is all for fun. As I have always been told, "it is only life and death for the deer". There are a ton of people who have more money then time. They don't want to screw with a lease or the work that comes with it. They choose to go on a weekend hunt and collect their big buck and then leave. Who gives a ****.

In the end, everyone is "cheating" to some degree. High Dollar bows, rifles, trail cameras, feeders, expensive camo, ozonics, scent control etc.
                                Very well stated by you and SaltwaterSlick. It is the same guys, effectively on every thread mentioning a high fence, who have to run their heads about their disdain for something.

Comment

Working...
                                X