Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck this afternoon Mike !

Comment

It is just getting gray light here in Iowa. We had insane wind yesterday so I decided not to hunt yesterday evening. I rocked and swayed all yesterday morning and I thought my bow was going to blow off the hanger. I was hoping to see the big buck that was chasing a doe on Saturday evening.

I went out yesterday at about 4:30 to check the same field with my binos. I instantly saw movement. Two big bucks !!!

The one from Saturday was getting run off by an even bigger buck. I don't usually name bucks but I am naming this one XXL. This deer has to be 180"+

I am set up across the field from where I saw them locked down with a doe. I have my doe decoy set at 20 yards. It is 28 degrees and dead calm.

Here we qo !!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Beautiful morning.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck today!!

Comment

Looks like a great way to start the morning

Was low 30's and light frost at the house this morning, wish I was in a tree instead of in an office

Good luck

Comment

A doe and a yearling across on my drainage basin food plot. Neither XXL or the other buck is with them. He could be two farms away or right under my nose. The doe he was after yesterday was dodging in and out of the rust colored weeds across the field.

The last place I saw him was at the end of the terrace.

More does to my right in the bean field. That is a good thing.

Comment

Frosty ! Good luck and stay warm ......

Comment

No bucks with these does. Not a good sign. XXL and the other big buck might have already bred all these does.

The rut is so compressed here. Lockdown which is actually the days when "most" does are in estrous and receptive to breeding is usually November 12-16 give or take a day or so. If those two big bucks are done with these does I will guarantee that they have moved on searching for receptive does.

Decoy looks good though. [emoji106]

Comment

Good luck! Hope the decoy brings him in.

Comment

The big bucks did not show. I am going to get some breakfast.

Comment

You should probably have the cat follow you out again. Seems to bring you luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota7493 View Post
                              You should probably have the cat follow you out again. Seems to bring you luck!
                              [emoji38][emoji106]

One of the cats came through just as I got to the ground.

Comment

I love this thread

Comment

Working...
                                X