No announcement yet.

Sad for Dak !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw deja-vu of Theisman's injury. With what they can do now a days he may be okay. I hate to see anyone get hurt at all, but it's just an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by kfd82 View Post
      Going in to sunday Dallas had the #1 ranked offense and the #30 ranked defense. The offense has scored over 30 points in 4 out of 5 games. if they had half a defense they would be undefeated right now.
      Dak is a huge part of that #1 offense, hopefully Big Red can step up and shake off the rust.
      The Cowboys needed to just spot the other team 20 at the start of the game, that way Dak would have had 4 quarters to perform his magic in place of one. The offense has to share plenty of the blame, turnovers and just not making plays early on puts a defense in a bad situation, but yes the defense is pretty bad.

Comment

“The Cowboys announced Monday morning that Dak Prescott’s ankle surgery was successfully completed Sunday night, and he is expected to be released from the hospital Monday,” the NFC East franchise announced."

"As things currently stand, Prescott's recovery timeline is expected to be four to six months (according to ESPN.com). If that's the case, Prescott won't be fully healthy until somewhere between February and April."

Jane Slater on recovery...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          “The Cowboys announced Monday morning that Dak Prescott’s ankle surgery was successfully completed Sunday night, and he is expected to be released from the hospital Monday,” the NFC East franchise announced."

"As things currently stand, Prescott's recovery timeline is expected to be four to six months (according to ESPN.com). If that's the case, Prescott won't be fully healthy until somewhere between February and April."

Jane Slater on recovery...

https://sports.yahoo.com/video/slate...211107560.html

I saw a similar report last night saying a 4-6 month recovery, likely the back end of that range. I was quite surprised it wasn’t 12-18 months as gruesome as it looked. Dak is one of the really good guys in the league. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
            https://i.imgur.com/xwIbmDe.jpg

Karma has a way of rearing it’s ugly head sometimes.......

That’s a really stupid point.

Comment

Dak's rookie contract paid him $2 million in 2019, $630,000 in 2018, $540,000 in 2017 and $450,000 in 2016. He just turned down a 5 year deal for $175 million, w/ $110 million guaranteed. So he just lost $144 million gamble on his future.

Comment

Dak

Originally posted by EZ-10RANCH View Post
                Dak has never taken a knee during the national anthem.

I know you’re a well respected, long time member and I’ve always seen you as a positive man, but Dak is not one of the guys you’re referring to.

He’s lost his mother, brother and still managed to keep his head up enough to be a leader and a respected man. In these crazy times, WE should RESPECT a man like that.
                Agree! No longer a fan of the NFL but Dak is one of the good ones! Tough year for him for sure. Classy move on Jason Garret coming over to check on him as well. Wish we had more like Dak on both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                  Dak's rookie contract paid him $2 million in 2019, $630,000 in 2018, $540,000 in 2017 and $450,000 in 2016. He just turned down a 5 year deal for $175 million, w/ $110 million guaranteed. So he just lost $144 million gamble on his future.
                  Why couldn't he heal and still get a monster contract? He's only 27.

Also, those guys take giant insurance policies out for things like this. And there's always his endorsements deals and the $30 something million this year's franchise tag paid him.

He's better off than 99.99% of the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                    Why couldn't he heal and still get a monster contract? He's only 27.

Also, those guys take giant insurance policies out for things like this. And there's always his endorsements deals and the $30 something million this year's franchise tag paid him.

He's better off than 99.99% of the planet.

He will still get a monster contract, just not as quickly as he would have without being injured. The cowboys will most likely franchise tag him again next season to make sure that he is recovered and afterwards he will get the big contract. He may not get that big contract with the cowboys, but somebody will be more than willing to back a dump truck full of cash right up to his front door.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                      . He just turned down a 5 year deal for $175 million, w/ $110 million guaranteed. So he just lost $144 million gamble on his future.

No way to know that. This is not an Alex Smith or a Theisman break.. 4-6 months heal time from the Cowboys doctors. Then we’ll know if or what he lost.

Comment

Just now reading this thread. Hopefully he can get back to 100% of what he was. Seeing the previous post stating the offense was ranked #1 in the League. I havent kept up with the NFL since 2017 too much so is this JG's first year to be gone or second? Was the offense ever #1 under Garrett and Dak?

Comment

Dak has been paid about 600K a year over the past 4 years, he has not won anything, he has lost to a lot of winning teams and won against a lot of losing teams, so lets pay him 40M a year, makes a lot of sense. I just can not believe the Cowboys can pay him that and field a team that he can win with, they are stuck between a rock and a hard spot. I would run with Dalton, draft a QB and develop him, they have a lot of good players under contract, by letting Dak go they could sign 2 or 3 really good defensive players, I know its not the popular decision but I think it is the best one.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                            Dak has been paid about 600K a year over the past 4 years, he has not won anything, he has lost to a lot of winning teams and won against a lot of losing teams, so lets pay him 40M a year, makes a lot of sense. I just can not believe the Cowboys can pay him that and field a team that he can win with, they are stuck between a rock and a hard spot. I would run with Dalton, draft a QB and develop him, they have a lot of good players under contract, by letting Dak go they could sign 2 or 3 really good defensive players, I know its not the popular decision but I think it is the best one.
                            Just wondering who are all those good players under contract ?
                            Z Martin ? Lamb looks like a bargain and Gallup for a short time..

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post

Draft a QB and develop him... you mean like they’ve done with Dak?

And last I checked, Dak doesn’t play defense. That side of the ball is the real problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                That’s a really stupid point.

Agree

Comment

Working...
                                X