No announcement yet.

Brady/Mason/Menard 2020-2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunted Friday - Sunday west of Mason. Friday, there was no rutting activity at all. Every buck seen was only worried about eating corn. Over the three days, that slowly changed. Saturday bucks were making rubs like crazy and were pushing does a little after filling their bellies. Sunday morning, bucks still ate some corn, but saw multiple deer running does pretty hard and grunting like crazy. I am sure today and tomorrow would be great days to be in the blind. I expect that by next weekend, deer will be officially rutting and on the move looking for does.

Comment

i'm back at the lease NW of Mason. Definitely more rut or prerut activity. Bucks are still hitting the feeders but then checking the doe when they come in. We have only seen one new buck in the past two weeks and nothing over 3.5 in the past 3 weeks. Our overall mature deer numbers are low this year all around. Pigs have seemed to slow down their movement. tons of doe and young bucks hammering the feeders due to drought. not sure if the big bucks are laying low, in lock down, or taken out opening weekend but its few and far between out here.

Comment

I'm between Mason and Fredericksburg. Very dry, and deer are a skinny, not a lot of movement with the heat.

Comment

Missed the past 10 days due to work but will be back in the stand in Brady tomorrow morning. I'll check my card after the morning hunt to see what's coming in.

Comment

I killed an old buck last weekend that was as stinky and rutted up as they get. Watched him rub and scrape and he was with a doe. I posted the LDPs in the Hill Country hunting thread.

Saw other chasing through the weekend as well. It's so dry and they're so hungry though they're eating in between all the running around. Lots of chasing and does acting goofy on Saturday morning. The old bucks aren't coming in every feeding, but they're definitely around in daylight. Hunting around Brady area.

Comment

I hunt just south of Brady near Voca.

Hunted yesterday and morning hunt today so far and definitely seeing some rutting activity. Bucks chasing does but still stopping here and there to grab a bite to eat. Even had 2 good bucks start to face off with one of them snort wheezing. Hunting till at least Monday. We’ll see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a nice one this weekend. Deer were moving all day with the cooler temps and rain.
                Attached Files

Comment

Sweet

Comment

[QUOTE=efaurie;15289060]Got a nice one this weekend. Deer were moving all day with the cooler temps and rain.

That's a nice one. Congratulations!!

Comment

Anyone having any luck with new deer? Hoping this weekend will bring in some new older bucks. Been seeing alot just not as many new deer as id like.

Comment

Thanksgiving weekend was a good one for us. The rut was in full swing.

Comment

Wow that narrow buck is gnarly. Sweet looking deer. Congrats.

Comment

Quite the haul you guys had! Congrats!

Comment

Got this Doe yesterday evening.

Comment

Got these 12/20/20 in Mc Culloch County

Comment

Working...
                                X