No announcement yet.

How long do you keep your bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I currently hunt with a 2000 model High Country Brute Force and a 2009 model Bowtech Admiral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is my 5th season with my Insanity I bought used. Have 80lb limbs waiting in the corner for January and I'm hoping to go another 5 years at least with it

Comment

12 year old DXT...still kills as well as the day it was bought new

Comment

I've never bought a brand new bow. I started bowhunting in 2008 with a PSE model (can't remember which which model) that I bought used, off of Ebay, and hunted 1 season with it. Killed my biggest buck to date, with it.
          After that season, I bought a used Bowtech Captain off Ebay, and hunted with it for 3 years, then sold it to a TBH'er.
          I then bought a used PSE Evo on TBH, and used it thru last season.
          Around last Thanksgiving, I got the urge for a Bowtech Realm X, and started watching the AT classifieds for one. Finally found a real good deal on a 6 month old pre-owned one. It's a great bow, and at my age (61), it'll probably be the last compound bow I buy. I kept my EVO as a backup, for the time being.

Comment

Going on year 7 with bow #1, a PSE something or other

Comment

I've been bowhunting for 40 years and I am shooting my third bow.

First was a Jennings Shooting Star.
              Second was a Jennings Xpress.
              Current bow in a Bowtech Tribute. I've been shooting it for about 10 years.

Comment

Just replaced of my Bowtech General. I got it when they first came out in 2008. This one was a bit longer than most at 12 years. Normal for me has been 5-8 years.

Comment

I just recently upgraded my Diamond Outlaw that I had for about 9 years to a VXR this year. I imagine it’ll be another 9-10 years before I even think about upgrading again. The only thing I’ve really did is replace the strings every year or 2 years depending on how much I shoot.

I shoot more now with my VXR than I ever did With my Diamond. Shooting is much more enjoyable since everything has been a drastic upgrade/change compared to what I was used to shooting.

Comment

Last bow I bought was a PSE Dream Season EVO brand new in 2012. I have went and shopped around for new bows. But honestly pulling 70 lbs. still feels like pulling 70 lbs. on newer bows. Maybe I'm not a refined enough shooter but I just don't see that much in improvements to justify a new one. I'll probably continue shooting it until my son is old enough to use it (another 8-9 years).

Comment

Started bowhunting in 1991. First bow was a PSE Thunderflite...slow as molasses. Hunted with it one season. Got a Darton Viper, I think, hunted with it, killed my first deer with it. Then Mathews came on the scene and I bought a Feather Max in '94, I kept it till I bought a Mathews Legacy in 2006, now I have a Creed for the last 5 years. Down through the years I have owned other bows trying to retire the Legacy, they all fell by the wayside till I got the Creed.

Comment

4 bows in 30 years. Have a 10 year
                        Old Strother

Comment

I have several that are over 25 years old
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	193B25AC-F316-4217-94CB-EF62C2E23200.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	24633236

Comment

I’ve been shooting the same bow since 2013