Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
    08 dxt
    Same here. Wouldn't mind a new one, but just don't want to fork over the money for one.

Comment

Started in 1983 at 13 with a Bear Whitetail II "hand-me-down" from my dad.
      Bought my first bow in 1988, a Martin Tiger.
      Bought my next in 1997 when I got out of the Marines. A Jennings Carbon Extreme.
      In 2005 I bought a Mathews Switchback and still use it to this day.

Bought my wife a Mathews Outback in 1997 when we were dating. Bought her a Mathews Z7 Extreme for her birthday in 2011. She doesn't shoot anymore.

Bought our son a Martin Tiger around 2009. He outgrew it.
      Bought our son a Mission Menace around 2013. He maxed it out.
      He now uses the Z7. She gave it to him to keep me from buying another bow.

I almost bought one this year, but the cost of trips back and forth to the UP of MI to visit him at college had me decide not to for now. Not sure if I will stay with the Mathews, Elite, or Hoyt.

Comment

Usually upgrade every year. This past year was the first time I didnt. Liked the Vertix enough not to buy a VXR.

I look at as renting.. buy a bow for 1000.. shoot it for a year.. sell it for 750. I pay 250 to shoot a new bow every year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I still have every bow I have ever purchased.
          Recurve - thought I was robin hood for a while.
          PSE - something - 1985 ish
          PSE - FireFlight - 1990 ish
          Browning Illusion - 2007 Still shooting this one and like th Op just can't see spending money when this one still kills.

Maybe next year...

Comment

Well, it sounds like there aren't as many folks as I thought buying new bows every year or two. This is my 7th season hunting with my Elite Hunter. I hunted 6 years before that with my Hoyt Vectrix before passing it on to a buddy who wanted to get into bow hunting. My first bow was an ancient early 90's model PSE that I learned to bow hunt with until I bought an old Hoyt Heat.

Comment

Still shooting a Drenalin here. Bought it first year it came out. What was that, 2007?

Comment

I got a Ross in 2006. I bought a DXT, Helim and now shoot Halon 32. I bought it in May of 2017. It shoots good and I don't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon. I may move to a VXR in a year or two. Halon made quick work of my elk at 51 yards a couple of weeks ago. Rarely do I shoot more then 25 yards at whitetail.

Comment

I started in the mid to late 80’s with a Bear Whitetail. Bought a PSE Fast Flight in ‘95. Still hunt with my 2008 Diamond Black Ice.

The Black Ice will get hunted for several more years. No reason to change yet.

Comment

I get the itch to try new bows all the time. But with that being said I have never bought a new off the shelf bow. I trade into bows and keep them for a couple seasons. The only one I regret getting rid of is a Z7 extreme. Me and that bow had a good relationship. Currently on a 14' Hoyt Faktor 30 and don't think I'll make any switches any time soon.

Comment

Still shooting a 2007 BT tribute. Can't see any reason to upgrade, it still shoots better than I do.

Comment

Believe it or not I still hunt with a Matthews FX from 2000. IT still kills. Id like a new one, im just cheap.

Comment

Still shooting a bowtech carbon knight. I want a new bow but no need to, it shoots great. It's gone through a couple pairs of strings but everything else works great. Doing archery elk in 2022 so may upgrade before then but I don't know. I'm also just cheap and know that I'm not good enough to notice the performance upgrades on a new bow

Comment

Been shooting the same Mission Ballistic I've had since 2012 (my first and only bow). All maintenance and care is completed every year and dont feel the need to change at the moment. The bow performs very well.

Comment

I had a PSE Spirit in 1989 I think. In the 1996 or so I upgraded to a PSE Edge. In 2006 I bought a Hoyt (can't remember the model but was never crazy about the bow). In 2008 I bought the best bow I have ever shot....Mathews DXT. Still shoot this bow today and will continue for the next few years.

Comment

been shooting a switchback since 2007, still works great

Comment

Working...
                                X