Country problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Country problems

Last night as Pistol and I sipped on some beers, I saw a bright light coming from the NE. And it was low. Thinking it was an airplane we stepped outside to take a look. It just didn't seem right.

Even though it was dark the full moon made it possible to use binoculars to look at it. It was a drone. A big one. The wing tips were lit in red and green. The bright white light was in the middle.

It flew slowly toward my house, stopping for a minute over my wooded area next to my tank. Then it approached my house. It came with in a few hundred feet of sheer we were standing, about 200 feet off the ground. It was so quite we could scarcely hear it.

We thought it was a LEO drone probably game warden. It flew diagonally across my whole place. I texted my neighbor about it and he said he had heard rumors of someone poaching with a drone. We called the sheriff . After some discussion he said it wasn't his and he didn't think the GW was flying. He had heard the same rumors of a poacher using a drone. He was going to drive around or area for the night.

Shoot it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope yall find a conclusion to the story. Ya got my interest peaked now.

Might have been a UFO looking for a bigfoot.

Comment

Not shooting it. What if it was LEO? I will definitely call as soon as I see one though.

A few years ago it was a helicopter that flew over spotlighting. GW caught that guy.

Comment

Country problems

Same thing happened to me on Wednesday. It was about 8 pm. Same exact scenario.

I live about 4 miles northwest of Snook. Not sure why Leo would be flying a drone where they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by Geraldg6; 10-03-2020, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Interesting, I haven’t seen anything like that out my way.

Yet...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yeah so our GW flies at night looking for poachers. They normally fly an airplane. They usually fly much higher though.

The sheriff said his office flies most in daylight for search operations but they also look for drug ops.

Comment

I got to admit that this is the first I’ve heard of poachers using a drone.

Comment

“Pull...”

Comment

How do you poach with a drone?

Comment

^^^
                      This!

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        Werd.

And if it ain't the GW or LE, well sorry for the loss

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post

I would imagine find an animal youre interested in with the drone and then go in on foot. Not sure though.

Comment

What kind of drone would you poach with?? Seems like a very expensive rig to poach with. Can you find a pic online that looks similar to the drone you saw? How large was it?

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                              I would imagine find an animal youre interested in with the drone and then go in on foot. Not sure though.

Like having a cell camera instantly send you a picture?

Comment

Working...
                              X