No announcement yet.

Country problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you near Mexico? Maybe looking for illegals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      Like having a cell camera instantly send you a picture?
      Why limit yourself to a stationary camera when you can cover miles with one with wings?
      Last edited by Rubi513; 10-03-2020, 09:06 AM.

Comment

I’d forsure shoot it if it was in distance to hit with a shot gun

Comment

You would be surprised what kind of money folks have tied up in the drones. Check out all their thermal setups on the high dollar rigs.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
            Shoot it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
            I know your probably joking BUT I would check with a LEO before I did that. I think it is legal to fly over private property and ILLEGAL to shoot one down. I wonder if a net is legal to throw at one, but remember they are looking at you no matter what. It just doesn't seem right they can do that.

Comment

Thats crazy. For the price of a good drone you could pay for a heck of a legitimate hunt.

Comment

What are the laws as far as shooting it?? Can you??

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                  I would imagine find an animal youre interested in with the drone and then go in on foot. Not sure though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Or checking to see if anyone was hiding near the area you were wanting to poach. Surveillance tool?

Comment

C

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                    How do you poach with a drone?
                    My thoughts. And at night?

Comment

Penalty for shooting down a drone can be up to 20 years in prison. You do not own the air space above your property. No I don't own a drone. But I did look up the law.

Comment

Need to work on changing that law. Airspace below 500' or something like that.

Comment

Isn't it illegal to fly them at night? What about out of line of sight?

This thing had a 4-6' wing span, which is why we originally thought it was law enforcement. The sheriff said he had one like it but that was not his.

Comment

Maybe drug guys?

Comment

It very well might be DEA or could even be a different LE agency. Hard to know for sure these days.

A few years ago I got concerned after a drone was hovering near my property. The pilot obviously spotted me through the camera watching it hover and he quickly flew it out of sight. Found out later they were heavily involved in illegal narcotics.

Comment

With a 6' wingspan it may be easier than average to find owner?

So if it is illegal to shoot one, what is the penalty for breaking the flight rules as an operator?

Comment

Working...
                                X