Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Let's go Brandon! View Post
    VR requires VERY high end system... CPU in particular. (they haven't quite optimized their engine for multicore processors)

I run it non VR mode on an Intel i5 7600, 48MB RAM(16 should be enough), 1080ti video and NVME drive... and get 100+ frames per second at maxed graphic settings and 1080p monitor.
    Just as I suspected. Thats a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      .... Looks like mine will handle this one though. Little bit less definition.
      I laughed really hard at this lol

Comment

Originally posted by Richard S. View Post
        Some really cool videos.
        X-100

Comment

I watched one in a combined arms demonstration once. From off target to back on target only took seconds(turned on a dime). When the Gatlin gun fired the plane speed appeared to slow noticeably.

Comment

Look Ma! I can fly an Apache

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7wAfbTAoec"]DCS: AH-64D Start up - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Let's go Brandon! View Post
              VR requires VERY high end system... CPU in particular. (they haven't quite optimized their engine for multicore processors)

I run it non VR mode on an Intel i5 7600, 48MB RAM(16 should be enough), 1080ti video and NVME drive... and get 100+ frames per second at maxed graphic settings and 1080p monitor.
              So you're saying my $200 chromebook won't run it?

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                So you're saying my $200 chromebook won't run it?
                If it did, it'd probably look like an Atari 2600

Comment

are there any simulators that we can do on our lap tops out there that are free? I don't have the setup to play those high end ones like above, but would like to mess with some other type if they're out there

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                    are there any simulators that we can do on our lap tops out there that are free? I don't have the setup to play those high end ones like above, but would like to mess with some other type if they're out there
                    DCS is actually free. You get 1 map (Caucuses region) a P-51 trainer and Soviet SU-25. In 2D mode (non VR) the hardware required is much less than for VR.

And with some creative button mapping, you can actually fly ok with just an Xbox or Playstation controller.

They have another cool offering. You can fly or try any aircraft or map FREE for 14 days, then your first purchase is 50% off.
                    Last edited by Let's go Brandon!; 04-12-2022, 09:44 AM.

Comment

F-16 VR flight.

Youtube down sampling does no justice to the actual graphics.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JcHVePF9yo"]DCS: OpenXR Flight - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                      X