• Show
Clear All

Breakfast of Champions - South Louisiana style

C’mon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man that's some fine eating!

Comment

Dang it!!! I had breakfast already and didn't think I could get hungry again by checking out this thread. Boy was I wrong

Comment

I had work in New Iberia for several years and we would get crawfish boudin from this store there in town, that was the best stuff ever. I love boudin but that crawfish version topped all that I have ever had.

Comment

Looks good! Fried me up some boudin balls last night using your recipe. There were no leftovers!

Comment

I absolutely love boudin, but the kind without liver in it. Can't eat liver after taking out that dead guy's liver in med school anatomy lab and it was all cirrotic with bile deeply stained all over it...

Comment

That looks delicious

Comment

Best Stop?? Sure looks like it could be, or Don's since it's on a Styrofoam plate...

Comment

Y’all know Conecuh is the best.

The Highest Quality Meats, Prepared With Our Patented Blend Of Seasonings, And Smoked Over A Pure Hickory Fire

I finally got Lackland and Ft Sam to sell my uncle’s sausage.

I’m in good shape, I don’t eat the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                      I absolutely love boudin, but the kind without liver in it. Can't eat liver after taking out that dead guy's liver in med school anatomy lab and it was all cirrotic with bile deeply stained all over it...
                      couillon ... you can't compare the liver of a grain fed, farm raised pig vs. a human that drank himself to death. Regardless if it's calf, chicken, deer, or pig liver... I don't discriminate and will eat it all day long. Never tried human cirrotic liver

Originally posted by JES View Post
                      I had work in New Iberia for several years and we would get crawfish boudin from this store there in town, that was the best stuff ever. I love boudin but that crawfish version topped all that I have ever had.
                      probably Legnon's Boucherie - solid meat market with great groceries

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Best Stop?? Sure looks like it could be, or Don's since it's on a Styrofoam plate...
                      Bourque's out of Port Barre. They're pretty well known for making incredible jalapeno, cheese, sausage bread. They opened a new location in Lafayette on Johnston Street near Dragos which is 3 minutes from my office.
                      Last edited by Cajun Blake; 09-24-2020, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Oh that reminds me, I need to go to Lafayette

Comment

Oh heck yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                            Bourque's out of Port Barre. They're pretty well known for making incredible jalapeno, cheese, sausage bread. They opened a new location in Lafayette on Johnston Street near Dragos which is 3 minutes from my office.

GREAT! Next time I come to Lafayette, I gotta give that a try! I got a serious weakness for good cracklin's and those look PERFECT! Got a little meat on 'em!

Comment

Next time any of you are around Lake Charles/Iowa area try this place. Boudin, cracklins, plate lunches, fried ribs, etc are all great.

Iowa Location Exit 43 on I-10 Iowa, Louisiana Hours Monday – Friday 6:00am-8:00pm Saturday 8:00am-8:00pm Closed on Sundays Moss Bluff Location Now Open! 258 US-171 Moss Bluff, Louisiana Hours Monday – Friday 6:00am-8:00pm Saturday 8:00am-8:00pm Closed on Sundays On the Menu Enjoy a taste of Louisiana with our bite-sized specialty items or BBQ plate lunches. […]

Comment

Working...
                              X