No announcement yet.

Recovered guns update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.harborfreight.com/25-lit...ner-63256.html. I would try this on the glock

You should put the Taurus in "The Dip" 50/50 white vinegar and hydrogen peroxide, just make sure it is well ventilated, it makes a nasty gas when mixed with lead that is toxic.

Comment

The Glock frame is polymer. It should be impervious to any corrosion. The metal parts could be questioned. With so many replacement parts that are available with the advent 80% Glock frames. You already have the hard part done. Strip the frame and start fresh.
      Build that custom Glock that will have a great history behind it.
      Call it the "Never say die"

Comment

I know folks mix Marvel Mystery Oil and transmission fluid to free seized engines.....easy to get and may be worth a shot (no pun intended).

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Do they have sentimental value? Why not just trash them and buy a new pistol?

The glock does .

Comment

Watching. Please update if you free glock. Soak it with pb blaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Go get some diesel fuel or a gallon of WD40 submerge it in it overnight and see if that will free it up. You might try some rust buster. Go to tractor supply, norther tool of automotive parts house. Get a good nylon brush or tooth brush and clean as much as you can Mx,after soaking it. It may not be worth spending any money on if the gut’s are all messed up. I know there are gun smiths in Houston could rebuild it.

Comment

It's hard to tell the damage from those pics. Have you got anything bigger?

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                  It's hard to tell the damage from those pics. Have you got anything bigger?

I don’t know ? I post with Tapatalk it auto sizes it .

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                    Mission bay near rockport. Someone wade fishing hug a camera bag and found them .
                    That's crazy, there aren't even really any roads near mission bay are there? I'm assuming they were used to commit a crime or the thieves just decided they didn't want to be found with them. Sorry Brother, hope you can get the Glock operational, M16's idea would be my best guess also.

Comment

I'm hoping they found your gun still in the perp's pocket. Sorry for your loss Keith, that won't just rub out.

Comment

Glock are pretty simple inside. One cr you get the slide off the rest should be easy. Bet there are some around here that have some usable parts sitting around Goos luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Recovered guns update.

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                          That's crazy, there aren't even really any roads near mission bay are there? I'm assuming they were used to commit a crime or the thieves just decided they didn't want to be found with them. Sorry Brother, hope you can get the Glock operational, M16's idea would be my best guess also.

I might have the name wrong . It was the the bay on cut off road between corpus and Refuigo

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post

I got them back with extra ammo . Got a big bag full of 9mm ammo that’s no good .

Comment

I got them back with extra ammo . Got a big bag full of 9mm ammo that’s no good .

If the bullets look half way good, I'd pull them and discard the rest.

Comment

I might have the name wrong . It was the the bay on cut off road between corpus and Refuigo
                                Gotcha, probably Bayside area of Copano. Really sucks but I hope you post pic of the Glock when you get it running again.

Comment

Working...
                                X