Albino Teal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
    During teal season yes. I've never seen anything but teal and whistlers down here during teal season, and if you had a white spoony in a group of teal just buz in there then I an for sure see how it happens.

We had a flooded rice field where wood ducks would mix with teal, talk about keeping you on your toes!

Comment

Here it is again everyone. My apologies for the let down but it is in fact a Teal. It has been confirmed by a GW to be a Blue Wing Drake and photos will be used for GW ID classes. Just FYI, the person holding it is not the shooter, but the guide and is a very dear friend of mine. The shooter is a friend of mine through him. I hope everyone enjoys seeing this rare bird! And for all you naysayers....y'all can go kiss a duck!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Teal.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	24629934

Comment

Like I said, I would get it mounted. Congrats to the shooter on a rare duck

Comment

Congrats! It could very well be a cinnamon. If you look at a bill of a cinnamon they have a little bit more of the lip. A biologist with TPWD dept told me that we get a lot of cinnamons through in sept ,but you can't tell it,because they are in eclipse phase & look like hens.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Like I said, I would get it mounted. Congrats to the shooter on a rare duck
            It will get mounted. It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s getting worked on right now.

Comment

I think some duck hunters on this thread owe you an apology.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                Congrats! It could very well be a cinnamon. If you look at a bill of a cinnamon they have a little bit more of the lip. A biologist with TPWD dept told me that we get a lot of cinnamons through in sept ,but you can't tell it,because they are in eclipse phase & look like hens.
                My first thought was it’s a cinnamon. GW says it’s a blue and I have no argument for that.

Comment

I’m sorry, but I’m 99.99% sure that is a spooner. A teal’s bill does not bend down the way that one does.

Comment

Originally posted by USMC View Post
                    I think some duck hunters on this thread owe you an apology.
                    Beer would be better!

Comment

Well I say I’m sorry or buy you a beer which ever you like lol. That photo must be at a very bad angle cause that bill sure looks like a spoonie . Do you have any more pics you can share??

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
                        Well I say I’m sorry or buy you a beer which ever you like lol. That photo must be at a very bad angle cause that bill sure looks like a spoonie . Do you have any more pics you can share??
                        That’s all I got.

Comment

Comparing the bill on that duck with the 2 cinnamon teal on my wall, it looks very similar...but it still looks more like the shoveler on the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            GW buddy of mine asked if you could remove the black dot from the photo please

On a serious note have any other photos (with or without the shooter)? If it’s a teal that’s awesome and once in server also lifetimes
                            I'll eat my half crow/teal!

Comment

Looks like a shoveler

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                                X