Albino Teal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
    Not gonna lie, if I accidently shot an albino boot lip during teal season I'd probably just throw it in my freezer until big duck season and then send it to the taxidermist. I can most certainly see how you could make that mistake during teal season.
    Are you saying it’s easy to mistake a spoonie for a teal?

Comment

For those wanting a photo, I’d say it was pretty close to these.
      Attached Files

Comment

Also, not sure if I’d call it albino, or leucistic, or blonde.

Comment

Must have been a catch and release situation.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
            Are you saying it’s easy to mistake a spoonie for a teal?
            During teal season yes. I've never seen anything but teal and whistlers down here during teal season, and if you had a white spoony in a group of teal just buz in there then I an for sure see how it happens.

Comment

During teal season yes. I've never seen anything but teal and whistlers down here during teal season, and if you had a white spoony in a group of teal just buz in there then I an for sure see how it happens.
              This past weekend we saw spoonies, pintails and gadwall while teal hunting so they are definitely around.

Comment

You may not have recognized them, but there are always spoonies around during teal season, especially in your area (assuming you’re hunting close to
                Beaumont). Usually quite a few, especially towards the end. Also, quite a few pintails will start showing, too.

Comment

I shot one too, last year.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Someone PM me the picture

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                      Someone PM me the picture
                      Seek and ye shall find.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                        You may not have recognized them, but there are always spoonies around during teal season, especially in your area (assuming you’re hunting close to
                        Beaumont). Usually quite a few, especially towards the end. Also, quite a few pintails will start showing, too.
                        Yes, plus I Always thought it was easy to make out a spoon.

Comment

Got it, thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                            I haven't teal hunted all that much in my hunting career, but the trips I've made are typically hot and heavy being done before the sun gets up. Maybe I just haven't put the time in to see any other species during teal season. I didn't think it was all that common to have other species, but I knew it wasn't unheard of.

Comment

Seen lots of Pintails shot back in the day during teal season. They're definitely around early.

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                                Would like to see the photo.. please shoot me a pm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Thanks for the pic guys.

maybe its a leutistic hybrid teal?

Comment

Working...
                                X