Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Predator

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by Arrowsmith; 10-28-2021, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Got all my stuff, practiced out of it, but still have some trepidation about hunting out of it. Is that normal?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
        Got all my stuff, practiced out of it, but still have some trepidation about hunting out of it. Is that normal?
        It’s a weird feeling at first because you are sitting in your safety harness. Definitely an odd feeling but you get used to it quick. First time though it took me a while to settle in. Love it now

Comment

Originally posted by txbowman12 View Post
          It’s a weird feeling at first because you are sitting in your safety harness. Definitely an odd feeling but you get used to it quick. First time though it took me a while to settle in. Love it now
          You are right. Hunted out of mine for the first time today. Took about 20mins to get over the heebeegeebees, but I like it. Maiden voyage today and I lace an 8ptr. No issues with the shot, had to move almost 180degrees to shoot him. Much more quieter than a treestand and lot less possibility of hand torque. Actually, zero hand torque. I might get to like this treesaddle hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
            You are right. Hunted out of mine for the first time today. Took about 20mins to get over the heebeegeebees, but I like it. Maiden voyage today and I lace an 8ptr. No issues with the shot, had to move almost 180degrees to shoot him. Much more quieter than a treestand and lot less possibility of hand torque. Actually, zero hand torque. I might get to like this treesaddle hunting.
            Congrats on the first kill out of the saddle! It’s such a cool way to hunt. I agree with you on shooting out of it, your core is engaged better than sitting down and everything feels a lot more stable

Comment

My 3rd year saddle hunting. I'll never go back to a hang on. Such an awesome way to hunt. Was 6 hours in mine today.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

When I first saw these I was thinking aint no way in HE!! I would use one! After reading this whole thread I'm thinking this may be the way to go.

Comment

Looking at the phantom and the J3X hybrid. Anyone have experience with both?

Comment

I've been looking into getting one. Just trying to decide on which one.

Comment

Just got the phantom. Looking forward to trying it out next week!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-J View Post
                        Looking at the phantom and the J3X hybrid. Anyone have experience with both?
                        I have the JX3 hybrid, haven't used the other one. It's basically like sitting in a lawn chair tethered to a tree (i.e. very comfortable - to the point where falling asleep on accident can be a problem). The other nice thing is it has a fork that keeps your knees off the tree and lets you pivot easily while sitting down. The advantage to that design is you don't need a platform to stand on, just stand on the top of your steps. You can hunt it standing or sitting

Only downside I can think of is it's bulkier than a minimalist saddle. So if you're going through a lot of brush, or hiking a long way in then it's probably not your best option. For me I use it in predetermined sets so that's not a factor.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. After watching a lot of videos on saddles I'm gonna buy a JX3 and give saddle hunting a try.

Comment

I was talking to some young men at church last night about saddle hunting and explained to them, the comfort is over the top. The ability to shoot accurately is far higher than a tree stand. Much more quieter. The best way I could describe it to them is, it was like setting on a barstool. My legs and feet were so not tired as versus the tree stand.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                              My 3rd year saddle hunting. I'll never go back to a hang on. Such an awesome way to hunt. Was 6 hours in mine today.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                              What kind of sticks you got brother?

Comment

Hanging this morning here in Iowa. Tethrd Phantom, Predator platform, 3 Hawk Helium 30" steps, and one Rapid Rail.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X