Best circular saw/drill combo cordless tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best circular saw/drill combo cordless tools

I did a search right quick and the latest thread I found was 2018.
    Regular users, what is the best cordless tools available today?
    I have a DeWalt drill and saw combo that is at least 18 years old, and still going, but I'm on probably my fourth set of batteries and they are fading. I don't want to keep investing money into these old things for more batteries.

Milwaukee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
      Milwaukee

X2

Comment

I would say, as a non-professional, that Milwaukee is probably as good as an amateur needs. I have a DeWalt about the same age as yours but I switched to li-ion batteries a few years ago. Makes a world of difference. My new Milwaukee drill and impact tools are very good though, and powerful.

Comment

Makita

Comment

Ryobi 18v are good tools. I've got a lot of different tools and can't complain after they came out with the lithium batteries. I still buy them. SIL used my Ryobi driver over his Deault.

Comment

If your DeWalt tools are 18 volt, just get you an 18 volt to 20 volt adapter and get the new 20 volt lithium batteries and continue with DeWalt. That's what I did and they work very well. IF I didn't have so many DeWalt tools, I'd go with Milwaukee.

Comment

I like Makita but Milwaukee are quality

Comment

Not sure about the best but I just switched to Rigid. Love the battery warranty and longevity. Been a Dewalt guy since they came out but battery life seems to have gone downhill for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Milwaukee Fuel series 18V. Hand down. They have a vast array of tools that fit the same battery. From Hammer drills, to weed wackers, to leaf blowers to 16" chainsaws. The batteries last a long time and the tools are commercial grade. There is a difference in tool quality between homeowners tools and commercial grade tools. A homeowners tool might get 20 mins on it in its lifetime. Where a contractors tool will get hours of work on it in a day. Triggers and switches are very different quality. Buy once cry once.

Comment

Milwaukee for me. More than what average homeowner probably needs but if you’re going to work em it’s the way I’d go. You can get batteries or replace tools easily at HD or Northern Tool.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                        Not sure about the best but I just switched to Rigid. Love the battery warranty and longevity. Been a Dewalt guy since they came out but battery life seems to have gone downhill for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        Same here. I like my rigid tools.

Comment

Milwaukee here too.

Bought a driver 2 years ago and used it for small odds and ends until this summer when I was building at the deer lease where it did get a little workout. Broke the housing when I dropped it from the roof of a structure I was working on. I used their new online repair/warranty system, they sent me a shipping label and 5 business days later I had my driver back with a new housing no questions asked.

I went out the next week and bought a larger set with pretty much all the necessities. They charge fast and last a lot longer than anything else I’ve had in the past.

Comment

Milwaukee

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                              Milwaukee Fuel series 18V. Hand down. They have a vast array of tools that fit the same battery. From Hammer drills, to weed wackers, to leaf blowers to 16" chainsaws. The batteries last a long time and the tools are commercial grade. There is a difference in tool quality between homeowners tools and commercial grade tools. A homeowners tool might get 20 mins on it in its lifetime. Where a contractors tool will get hours of work on it in a day. Triggers and switches are very different quality. Buy once cry once.
                              This. All Milwaukee tools are not the same. The fuel series is the way to go. I use them at home and at work and we are very very tough on them and they just keep working.

Comment

Working...
                              X