• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love my ridgid and lifetime warranty on everything including batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another vote for Milwaukee

Comment

I think the more you use your tools & the more your job depends on them, then the more you should spend on them. If you are like me who only uses them once or twice a week, Ryobi is hard to beat. They sell a quality product with batteries that are reasonably priced as are their tools. One of the main things I like about them is the multiple tools that you can get for their 18v system.

Comment

I ended up buying a DeWALT 20V MAX* XR® 6-TOOL COMPACT COMBO KIT last year on black Friday and saving about 40%. All of the tools are brushless. I watched lots of reviews on the website below and others before making my decision. Milwaukee is a great tool, but way more expensive. I would still buy DeWALT and pocket the extra money. You might also wait a few more months and get them when they run them on sale. It saved me a pretty good chunk.

Lots of good head to head tool comparisons on all major brands on the site below and these guy`s are very thorough and very fair.

Rob Robillard is “The Concord Carpenter” Rob is a general contractor, carpenter, woodworker, and editor of www.ConcordCarpenter.com and www.ToolBoxBuzz.com. As a carpenter, Rob owns and operates Concord Carpenter LLC a full-service remodeling and construction company. Rob is a recognized leader on best practices and how-to information for building professionals. On this website, Rob covers all aspects of construction, building science, home improvement, woodworking, remodeling, and some of the best product and tool reviews. Rob approaches remodeling and building construction with a pragmatic and problem-solving approach. He enjoys using his knowledge and experience to help and educate on best practices in the construction and remodeling industry. He's a strong advocate for "raising-the-bar" in the construction trades and promoting the trades to youth. #BeAMentor #Green2Great Craftsmanship, quality, and pride guide his journey on this channel. Join us - please subscribe!

Comment

I say Milwaukee best BUT China company and made..Dewalt is runner up Made in US and owned here..So I been converting From my Milwaukee and Ryobi as they wear out.To US made

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
              I say Milwaukee best BUT China company and made..Dewalt is runner up Made in US and owned here..So I been converting From my Milwaukee and Ryobi as they wear out.To US made

Some Dewalt tools are “assembled here” made with parts from global materials. To say Dewalt is made in the USA as a selling point is a little misleading.

Comment

I have all DeWalt and like them. I have used others and also like Milwaukee products.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
                  I am a "homeowner", but use my tools a lot.
                  Lots of Milwaukee votes!
                  The best bar none is HILTI.

Comment

I use Dewalt just beacause I have a bunch of 20v batteries in varying AHs. I like Rigid as well but would be to expensive to switch everything.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      If your DeWalt tools are 18 volt, just get you an 18 volt to 20 volt adapter and get the new 20 volt lithium batteries and continue with DeWalt. That's what I did and they work very well. IF I didn't have so many DeWalt tools, I'd go with Milwaukee.
                      This, the adapter saves you from having to buy all new tools. Plus you buy the new 20V batteries, then if/when your 18V tools crap out you can buy the bare tools as you need them.

Comment

I will give Dewalt a vote. About 3 years ago I left a 1/4” impact in an umbrella chair overnight and wouldn’t you know it rained that night. Didn’t realize it till late the day after it rained. The motor of the tool was sitting in water and I thought it was ruined. I dried it off best I could, popped a new battery in and the thing ran like the day I got it, and has ever since. This incident kind of sold me on Dewalt.

I have been thinking about branching out into Milwaukee for a little diversity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't speak for other brands, but I love my 20V Dewalt set (1/2" drill, driver, circular saw, grinder, recip saw, light). 1/2 the weight, twice the torque, and longer battery life than the old 18V Dewalt set I had for years.

Comment

Not much love for Ridgid but that's I use now. Recently bought a set and have been using them daily on closet remodel and other things. Like the warranty they offer and the entire set was 50% off bc HD had it missed marked. Don't use my Dewalt tools anymore

Comment

I'll have to check out that 18v/20v adapter.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                                Not much love for Ridgid but that's I use now. Recently bought a set and have been using them daily on closet remodel and other things. Like the warranty they offer and the entire set was 50% off bc HD had it missed marked. Don't use my Dewalt tools anymore
                                I have all Ridgid tools as well. Been good to me and hopefully if i ever need the warranty it will work. Tools and batteries are supposed to have Life-Time Warranty.

Comment

Working...
                                X