No announcement yet.

Onx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use it almost daily this time of year. Clarity of maps has gone way down, apparently they’re working on that. If not I’ll be switching. It’s great for finding different parcels of public

Comment

Guys, great suggestions, thank you. Service is a problem but charge is not as I will have my truck. I pay a small On star fee so I can talk with my wife while I'm up there and she knows I didn't fall out of my stand. I will upload maps first.

Comment

OnX is the best hunting tool in my bag. Have used it for years and has allowed me access to lands I had always thought were private because it had a fence around it.

I will not go afield without it. I even have an 8 inch Samsung Galaxy tablet I pretty much have dedicated to OnX that I keep in my truck.

It truly has changed the game in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Okay, I tried both onx and huntstand. I'm leaning towards onx but can't figure how to save my map for when I am out of service. Help. I have 7 days trial and am going to the woods this weekend.

Comment

Campfire.com runs Onyx for around $17 for a single state subscription for one year.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
              Gaia is another one that is popular. I haven't used it though.

I have used to for several years on all my western hunts to identify public vs private. Used it extensively in Wyoming on antelope hunt where lots of private are intermingled. It was always within a couple feet of fence lines etc. Have been very happy. Plus it’s nationwide

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                Okay, I tried both onx and huntstand. I'm leaning towards onx but can't figure how to save my map for when I am out of service. Help. I have 7 days trial and am going to the woods this weekend.
                on the the app at the bottom of the screen second from left is the "offline maps" button. Click that. then click the red "+New Offline Map" button then select the area and then click the big red "SAVE" button. At least that is how to do it on the iPhone app. Online it is similar but the icons are on the left hand side.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                  on the the app at the bottom of the screen second from left is the "offline maps" button. Click that. then click the red "+New Offline Map" button then select the area and then click the big red "SAVE" button. At least that is how to do it on the iPhone app. Online it is similar but the icons are on the left hand side.

You are exactly right but I am wondering if since he is using a 7 day trial if they allow you to download maps? Don’t know why they wouldn’t but it crossed my mind when I saw your response to his post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

don't use either one, but now i'm am interested!

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                      You may not be able to use the offline maps from the trial. I can't remember. If you can it will be one of the tabs at the bottom and say "Offline Maps". I think some people have referenced it but if you buy the annual subscription do it online and use a code for 20% off. "THP" is one that comes to mind.

Comment

OnX used to be really good, but lately I've had a lot of issues downloading offline maps. Gohunt.com has a similar mapping system, and gives TONS more information then OnX does, so after this season I am going to try out GoHunt's mapping tool.

Comment

I’m with WItoTX- I’ve been using OnX for quite a while and have pins in 7 or 8 states- but I’ve been playing with the GoHunt mapping and the imagery is way better, love the elevation bands/layer, and more. I already exported my OnX pins to GoHunt which was an easy process.

Comment

I just downloaded OnX and will have to see how it is.

I have used HuntStand the last couple years and now I am not sure I will continue to. Putting up with the irritating add pop ups was one thing(yes I know I can pay the yearly fee to remove them) because they offered 10 free parcel searches a month and other features of the app are nice to have. But I just opened it and it looks like they dont do the free parcel searches anymore. I guess its been a while since I opened it.

I guess now I have to do it the hard way and go to the county appraisal website to get it for free. lol

J

Comment

Onx is going to soon have 3D and I would imagine more layers coming soon. Never tried any of the other companies out there because I’ve never had any issues with Onx. Some think that it’s expensive but it’s much cheaper and you get a heck of a lot more than if you bought paper maps, it’s worth the 120$ or whatever it is.

Comment

Might be a stupid question but are all these apps pulling the same satellite images. Like google maps. Or are there any that are more updated than others?

Comment

Working...
                                X