Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Onx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Onx

I hunt public land in Sabine NF and it is cut up by lots of privately owned property throughout. I am going scouting for three days and I've heard a lot about Onx. I guess I will load it up to my IPad rather than my phone. What are some of y'alls experience with Onx? Thank you in advance.

SH

I use OnX in ETX. Works really well and I can mark trees/spots pretty accurately. It will show property lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use it here in Illinois and I have a buddy who uses it all the time. It is awesome and worth it if you are hunting places where you could get into private land that isn't fenced. I use it all the time for stuff not hunting related as well. It is also nice because you can download a map of your area to your phone and use it offine as well. Hope this helps.

Comment

Use it all the time. Just make sure to download maps before you go if there is a chance you won't have service.

Comment

Yep, probably the best there is at identifying public/private land boundaries, though the public owners may not be accurate. It does do a near perfect job of identifying land that is private vs. public... Has a lot of other nice features too and is intuitive and easy to learn.

Comment

I use HuntStand because the aerials are more detailed and it costs less. Been super happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
              I use HuntStand because the aerials are more detailed and it costs less. Been super happy with it.
              Me to.. I think its much better than onx, plus you get the entire US not just a region.

Comment

OP- there is a week or month long trial version that you can get. Just do that and see how you like it on your next scouting session.

For those that use HuntStand, does it show property boundary/ownership info like OnX?

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
                  For those that use HuntStand, does it show property boundary/ownership info like OnX?

Yes for the entire nation. Its dang accurate. I use it all the time for work.

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
                    OP- there is a week or month long trial version that you can get. Just do that and see how you like it on your next scouting session.

Like Randy said. It’s really accurate too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I used to use it. Unfortunately, I think the quality has gone down. If you notice they run a lot of 30% discounts throughout the year enticing people to join. They spent their money on marketing sewing up every hunting influencer they could.

I think for GPS hunting apps- You have OnX, HuntWise, Basemap, and Huntstand

I started using Basemap and like it. Huntstand I have heard great things about as well. Basemap offers giveaways so that is a kinda cool perk along with a quality product

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                        Me too, but I wouldn’t cut those boundaries too close on either one. I’ve checked them against known boundaries and sometimes they are not quite right.

Comment

I've been using OnX for the last year but looking at HuntStand I really like some of the features. I think I'm going to test it out and see which one I like better. Do they have a free trial or anything like that?

Comment

Gaia is another one that is popular. I haven't used it though.

Comment

Use it all the time. Already been said but make sure to download maps before you go if there is a chance you won't have service. Using it this way with the device on airplane mode will help the battery life of your device.

I use my phone and carry a remote battery

Comment

Working...
                              X