Hogs jumping into feed pens, East Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
    We use to run the 36" problems with no problems. But have seen pigs jump out of 4ft pen. So your to short.
    Heard that before haha. Thanks man. I've got the other half of these panels so I'm gonna splice them in to the t posts/panels on this pen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

They look way too short. ID go with the 16' x 34" panels. Never had a hog jump them.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
        Just googled that golden marlin fly bait. I’m gonna give it a whirl

Comment

Copy all. Thanks.

Comment

barbed wire will help indeed. 40 inch min in height. we run barbed wire at bottom and at top.

Comment

All of mine are 24” to 25” height and I have only had a problem with one jumper.

Try to keep them educated pigs over there at your place, we dont need them down here.

The bigger issue I have is them trying to scoot under the fence.

Comment

I'm going out there tomorrow to splice the other 25" side of the panel to the existing 25" pieces....and make them at least 35 or 36 inches tall.....tired of it with these dang hogs.

Comment

I like the short pens because I can shoot the vitals of a deer over them. Very few hogs have ever jumped in mine. When one does it has to die or it will encourage others to tear in.

Comment

Y'all might want to be careful posting about using Golden Malrin.

Terry Foster has been sentenced to pay a $1,000 fine for one count of violating the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (“FIFRA”) by lacing deer carcasses with a restricted, highly poisonous pesticide in order to bait and kill coyotes.

"ATLANTA - Terry Foster has been sentenced to pay a $1,000 fine for one count of violating the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (“FIFRA”) by lacing deer carcasses with a restricted, highly poisonous pesticide in order to bait and kill coyotes."

We have a big coon problem on our lease. After reading the above comments, I thought, I may have to try that. A quick google search and the above article popped up.

The EPA-approved labels for Golden Malrin Fly Killer state that it is “for use around the outside of food processing areas.” In particular, the labeling warns that: “It is illegal to use this product with the intention to kill raccoons, skunks, opossums, coyotes, wolves, dogs, cats, or any other non-target species.”

Comment

Alright, well I got to the lease today and made the pen 36 inches tall....hope it works....dumped 200 lbs of vanilla corn in the center. Also got 2 hang ons hung and moved a ground blind and feeder.....all I've got to do is feed and monitor TC's. Ready for the cool front.

Comment

Now yall are making me start to rethink if i want to use 25" (half panels) or 34" hog

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                          Y'all might want to be careful posting about using Golden Malrin.

Terry Foster has been sentenced to pay a $1,000 fine for one count of violating the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (“FIFRA”) by lacing deer carcasses with a restricted, highly poisonous pesticide in order to bait and kill coyotes.

"ATLANTA - Terry Foster has been sentenced to pay a $1,000 fine for one count of violating the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (“FIFRA”) by lacing deer carcasses with a restricted, highly poisonous pesticide in order to bait and kill coyotes."

We have a big coon problem on our lease. After reading the above comments, I thought, I may have to try that. A quick google search and the above article popped up.

The EPA-approved labels for Golden Malrin Fly Killer state that it is “for use around the outside of food processing areas.” In particular, the labeling warns that: “It is illegal to use this product with the intention to kill raccoons, skunks, opossums, coyotes, wolves, dogs, cats, or any other non-target species.”

I have it stock piled, poor guy made the wrong game warden mad.

Good luck with the fence project we use 48” up here and it stops the hogs, but the bears just find it as another obstacle. Deer don’t mind a tall fence as long as it’s big enough for them to bang around and act silly. A small feed pen will make deer super nervous in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                            That answered the question on splitting a cattle panel for a feeder pen.
                            Every feeder pen I have is cattle panels cut in half. Never have hogs or pics of hogs inside my feeder pens. I always put the points where I cut the panels up. Maybe that makes a difference. IDK

Comment

Hogs jumping into feed pens, East Tx

Great... was just discussing this. Want to be able to shoot a deer [emoji1662] from a ground blind so I’m gonna try one panel section at 25”, rest of them at 32-34” and see how it goes. Will keep corn away from the low fence section. Now the question is, spikes up or down? Mmm [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I make mine using 12 cattle panels cut down to 42" and put then in a circle together never had any hogs in them and the deer get in just fine

Comment

Working...
                                X