Ford vs Ram Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
    That’s awesome. In my single wheel running the same weights I get 8.5-9.5 loaded, 13ish in town, and 15-16 highway. That’s on 37s but deleted and tuned.

What year model? Dads 2017 drives like a turtle compared to this one! Borrowed it while mine was getting detailed and by lunch I was ready to have mine back! That deere is a 333g with a cab and the 2020 pulled it like my deleted 14 pulled a 75 horse kubota! It’s crazy. It turns much easier than the 17-19s too. After working all day having sore shoulders it’s not a pain to turn the wheel like it is in the 17s-19s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Test

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys. I test drove both, and decided on the Ford. I picked up a '19 F-250 XLT with 20,000 miles today.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          I rented a 2016 Ram 2500 CC 4x4 Tradesman model a few years ago. Drove it from DFW to Lometa, picked up a bed full of deer pen panels and drove back to Weatherford. The next morning I headed to the deer lease in Haskell and picked up 1200# of protein on the way. So I had probably 1600-1700# in the bed. Drove around the lease, filled feeders and then back to Weatherford. I filled the truck back up before dropping it back off in DFW and hand calculated 20.1 mpg.

This of course was a bone stock truck with 3.42 gears but 20mpg is/was possible on the Rams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          I guess anything is possible. I can promise you it’s not the norm.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
            Thanks for all the help guys. I test drove both, and decided on the Ford. I picked up a '19 F-250 XLT with 20,000 miles today.
            Good choice!!

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
              The 2020 Super Duty with a 10 speed is my recommendation. 20k miles in a little less than 4 months, with 15,000+ hooked up to a gooseneck. Headed to Florida, averaged 17 miles a gallon on the lie o meter running 85-90 the whole way. Way faster, easier turning, more power, and smoother than my dads short wheel base 2017 F250 with a 6.7. I would definitely not compare the 17-19s with this truck, it’s a totally different ballgame! Go drive one! Last truck I had was a 2014 deleted 6.7 with 279,000 when I got rid of it, it doesn’t hold a flame to this truck. My dad had a 2015 6.7 that he put 100k miles on in a little over two years and was never in the shop for more than an oil change. His 2017 has 100k on it and has never been in the shop for more than an oil change. The fuel mileage with the 10 speed makes it a game changer as that’s what ford was always lacking!

You need to switch to mph - mpg from KPH -KPL
              Running 85-90 and average 17

IMO both manufacturers make excellent Diesel engine, both have some problems when your not sugar coating them
              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-30-2020, 09:05 AM.

Comment

In all fairness he didn’t say loaded down. I saw 16.2 hand calculated average for a 5400 mile road trip in 2018, and that was a lot of time running 80-85. That’s in a 6 spd 2017 F-350 on 37s. The new 10 spds are easily getting 2-3 mpg than the 6 spd previous generation trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                  In all fairness he didn’t say loaded down. I saw 16.2 hand calculated average for a 5400 mile road trip in 2018, and that was a lot of time running 80-85. That’s in a 6 spd 2017 F-350 on 37s. The new 10 spds are easily getting 2-3 mpg than the 6 spd previous generation trucks.
                  My super duty with a 6 spd was pretty average 15 with every day tools ,and 11 pulling a gooseneck and equipment
                  Would love to buy a new 2020 anything 10speed , 8 speed

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                    My super duty with a 6 spd was pretty average 15 with every day tools ,and 11 pulling a gooseneck and equipment
                    Would love to buy a new 2020 anything 10speed , 8 speed
                    Yours is pretty close to mine. I’m 15-16 highway typically, and 13ish in town. I can’t see 11 while towing unless I’m on the trailer though even my 12’ tandem axle with a UTV drops it to 10. My 26’ low boy loaded down weighing in at 17k I’m around 8.5-9.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                      I have a 2017 2500..Dodge Ram.
                      Lifted on 35s....
                      Tuned with EFI live 6 position tuner....
                      If I turn it up past 3 setting I can’t keep it on the road....
                      20 mpg

It is stupid fast, with over 1000 ft torque....

85 mph pulling a 24 ft enclosed trailer loaded down..probably 6k pound....1700 rpm.....
                      So like the power stroke bone stock. Cool.

Comment

I have owned both dodge cummins and several powerstrokes. I have put a lot of mile on my father in laws DMax. One thing is clear, they all have power. Dodge pulled strong but the transmissions suck. This new 2020 F350 powerstroke 4x4 I got a couple months ago as some serious power and pulling ability. Love the 10 speed transmission. By far my favorite diesel to date

I would just drive them all, compare what you feel in the seat, how the truck performs and if can you see yourself in it everyday. If I don't get a little excited every time I see or drive a truck then its not the one for me.

Comment

Ford will hold up longer in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                            You need to switch to mph - mpg from KPH -KPL
                            Running 85-90 and average 17

IMO both manufacturers make excellent Diesel engine, both have some problems when your not sugar coating them

Unloaded running 85-90 to destin and back it was just over 17 miles a gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                              Interesting...Nobody that I know with a Cummins 4wd gets 20 mpg. Including me...
                              You're wrong buddy. It actually is the norm. My personal truck with 35's averages right around 20. I know a handful of buddies who get the exact same. What year is your truck?
                              Last edited by Arrowthreat; 09-01-2020, 08:00 AM.

Comment

2018 Ram 2500 4x4 diesel
                                Avg 19/gal

Comment

Working...
                                X