Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the thread. It was fun following along! You gave em he**

Comment

Let me continue it. 5 days of archery elk left. I retired in Montana, haven’t shot one since Oregon 2007. Helped my son pack one out already.

Live in the south end of Tobacco Roots.

Today- new location. Bumped a small bull not legal at 30 yards. Stood still and stared at each other for a minute. Did a few ‘mouth mews’ and had him tipping his head confused. He walked off.

Coming back tomorrow, finding other new areas on SxS driving out (an hour).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 2- fresh prints, fresh elk skat, no elk. Some snow in the morning.

Comment

Keep on em Bill. Hope you can get one

Comment

Back out again. The day started before light glassing an irrigation pivot usually full of elk. I met the rancher yesterday driving out, and he gave me permission to bowhunt it tomorrow. “Ask and ye shall receive”. All I saw were angus cattle.

After walking all over he77 and creation yesterday, I decided to post up in the thick north slope timber over some heavy trails, fresh tracks and warm skat. Busted out 2 whitetails coming in.

So- sitting below the ridge so no wind, soft pine needles, leaning on my pack and on TBH.

Life is good.

Comment

Nothing yesterday. I met a local rancher who gave me permission to hunt his pivot that elk come into every night.

Got there before 6, new moon, couldn’t see my hand in front of my face. Navigated by OnX, it led me the wrong way (operator error). Had to wear a headlight to avoid stepping in a hole. Busted out the elk, they don’t jump barbed wire, they seem to roll over it- the biggest twanging racket you can imagine.

Finally got to the hills they enter/exit. Tons of fresh skat, but no elk. Beautiful country, realized I could see our house finishing construction.

Off to Butte to pick out carpeting- tomorrow is last day. Going back up high where I was.

Comment

Working...
              X