Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

20-21 Official Duck Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wear shooters ear plugs on a solo hunt but a multi gun shoot I try and rock my walkers game ear muffs. They’re pretty dope but I dislike the bulk on my head when I’m on a swivel . Plus the lighter I can pack the better

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
      Only 10 days of hunting.
      Yea our first split is a ten day deal. Got 8 days in so that was good.

We need to catch some rain to get/keep the rivers up so the woods stay good. We had a lot of ducks early, the most I’d seen in a while for early in the year after that cold snap. If we can catch some water, the season ought to be pretty good.

AGFC starting to correct the WMA pressure and COVID has dropped pressure considerably which makes our hunting more like it “used to be”, which i think is a major positive.

Only went to woods one day and we got our hole with no BS. No one set up in the bar ditches or boat rows for the most part and no idiots motoring around all morning with a boat blind on their boat lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SETX_Insanity View Post
        Do any of yall wear electronic ear plugs or muffs? I'm trying to decide between the two but cannot make up my mind. I'm leaning towards plugs because I feel like muffs will be a hassle in the marsh but don't have experience with either
        Running the boat I wear muffs shooting I wear plugs if I remember em

Comment

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
          Running the boat I wear muffs shooting I wear plugs if I remember em

Think you forgot Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
            I just wear shooters ear plugs on a solo hunt but a multi gun shoot I try and rock my walkers game ear muffs. They’re pretty dope but I dislike the bulk on my head when I’m on a swivel . Plus the lighter I can pack the better
            See I'm concerned about the bulk of muffs but the more reviews I read about digital plugs the less I want them. Reviews are terrible for anything under $300 and that's just not in the cards at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
              Think you forgot Sunday

I try to remember em lmao they do no good sitting in the pod

Comment

Originally posted by SETX_Insanity View Post
                See I'm concerned about the bulk of muffs but the more reviews I read about digital plugs the less I want them. Reviews are terrible for anything under $300 and that's just not in the cards at the moment
                Dont overthink it. $60 or less on Amazon. Howard Leight earmuffs.

Electronic, boost your hearing, block out the howitzer blast of your buddy's 12 gauge shooting 3.5" BB with a kick high flyer full choke right next to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                  Yea our first split is a ten day deal. Got 8 days in so that was good.

We need to catch some rain to get/keep the rivers up so the woods stay good. We had a lot of ducks early, the most I’d seen in a while for early in the year after that cold snap. If we can catch some water, the season ought to be pretty good.

AGFC starting to correct the WMA pressure and COVID has dropped pressure considerably which makes our hunting more like it “used to be”, which i think is a major positive.

Only went to woods one day and we got our hole with no BS. No one set up in the bar ditches or boat rows for the most part and no idiots motoring around all morning with a boat blind on their boat lol.
                  Ya a number of buddies have mentioned needing more water. I'll be headed to Wynne 12/16-21.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
                    Dont overthink it. $60 or less on Amazon. Howard Leight earmuffs.

Electronic, boost your hearing, block out the howitzer blast of your buddy's 12 gauge shooting 3.5" BB with a kick high flyer full choke right next to you.
                    Sounds like a plan, and much cheaper. Thanks for the help!

Comment

Anyways, to contribute to the actual thread...

Got my 10 month old ylm out in the SETX marsh for a few hunts. Was pretty slow last weekend but he made his first few retrieves and is starting to put the pieces together! Ready to get back out there on the 12th and get him on some more birds
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by SETX_Insanity; 12-02-2020, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Yea I would add deal with the bulk i know I need to better. Hearing is of immeasurable value

Comment

Me and my son have never duck hunted, and I did a few euro mounts for a buddy and when he asked how much I jokingly said take me and my son on a duck hunt in 2020. Well this season rolled around and he called and told us to meet him down in Port O’Connor and I have to say that was probably the most fun we’ve had hunting. We went Friday evening and got some good birds then cleaned them and took half to a place called Bubbas and they fried them to perfection, then Saturday morning we went out and had a blast as well. Never knew what I was missing but will definitely be going on a duck hunt or two every year.

This was Friday evening

Saturday Morning

And fried duck at Bubbas.

Comment

Rogers sporting goods, I get 99% of my waterfowl gear from there.

I just found them lil over a month ago. My last two orders were from them. Standard shipping has been good too.

For the others out there, they have a bunch of product demos on Youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              I just found them lil over a month ago. My last two orders were from them. Standard shipping has been good too.

For the others out there, they have a bunch of product demos on Youtube.

I found them from their YouTube review videos. I just ordered shovelers on Monday and they are arriving tomorrow. Shipping is fast and over 100 is free. Most of the time I’m over 100 so it’s nice not paying for shipping.

Comment

I found them from their YouTube review videos. I just ordered shovelers on Monday and they are arriving tomorrow. Shipping is fast and over 100 is free. Most of the time I’m over 100 so it’s nice not paying for shipping.

I've noticed that they also have their own product line. I'm interested to see how some of their products turn out. Some look good. Others.... well... we will see.

They also just released their first actual fowl hunt vid on YT last week. It was OK for a 1st hunt vid on private.

Comment

Working...
                                X