No announcement yet.

Tactacam Reveal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a tactacam, but I put six of these together on Monday for my Spypoint cams. I’ve been losing the trail cam battle for years and finally decided something needed to change. The 2” pvc can slide over a t-post and screw it tight to the post so it doesn’t wobble. This was the prototype, all others have little to no exposed wiring. Hot glue gun to fill any holes. The mount is literally two eyelets with a 1/2 bolt and nut. Zip-ties to the pipe is probably easier but this mount offers some flexibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1462.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	24628798

Comment

Mexico

"Johnson"
        Will you be using it in Mexico?
        Did Tactacam confirm it will work there with Telcel?

Comment

Good info, need to go solar on my tactacam. Batteries went dead after a week of 2000 pics.
          Last edited by Rodray12; 12-07-2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Yeah I think 2000 is the magic number for alkaline and around 3500-4000 for Lithium. Bought a 12v lithium and gonna run it to a solar panel should keep me in business for a while.

Comment

I got a Tacticam reveal I put it out on October 5th with Duracell Alkaline batteries. it is still showing 100%! However, it always has a very strong signal and is also in North Texas where the weather has not been too extreme.

Comment

I have their 12V DC battery version (it's 10 bucks cheaper) and it has armored cable and works great. I've had one in use for about 2 years straight with a spypoint running 100s of pictures a day.

Both of their solutions include the battery so they are cost-effective and ready to rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolove View Post
                  [ATTACH]1016850[/ATTACH]

What are you using for the camera hood / roof.... Is that a 5 gallon bucket cut in 1/2 ??

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stickers View Post
                    What are you using for the camera hood / roof.... Is that a 5 gallon bucket cut in 1/2 ??

Correct, old 5 gallon HD bucket. Cut in thirds or in half fastened to the PVC pipe with screws.

The next set up I make I will raise the hood a bit higher above the camera so the antenna is not in conflict.

Cheap and easy deal. First time I’ve gone this long without critters messing something up...chewed wires etc.

Comment

I have one out since July on waterhole. Battery is at 70% this morning. Takes 3-4 pics a day. The pic in my avatar was taken by it. Much better camera then SPYPOINT

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
                        I have one out since July on waterhole. Battery is at 70% this morning. Takes 3-4 pics a day. The pic in my avatar was taken by it. Much better camera then SPYPOINT

Oh I’m with you on Spypoint. Very frustrating. I have eight Spypoints working at the moment, but have spent the last two months with their customer service replacing each one sometimes twice. This will be my last season with them.

I replaced the 12v and AA’s on Sunday and the battery status bar on one of my cam’s is showing 9%.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stickers View Post

Also, if you are doing something similar to this set up, attach the ammo can on the vertical post not on the diagonal solar post. Make sure the door swings down freely, not up. This makes replacing the 12v and any wiring much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolove View Post
                            Oh I’m with you on Spypoint. Very frustrating. I have eight Spypoints working at the moment, but have spent the last two months with their customer service replacing each one sometimes twice. This will be my last season with them.

I replaced the 12v and AA’s on Sunday and the battery status bar on one of my cam’s is showing 9%.

I've had mine out for 3 months with a 12v and panel wired in.

I had to pull the 12v and charge yesterday. Pretty decent run but I guess getting the pics instantly with no delay was too much to keep up with.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Rather than start a new thread. I'll hit up this old one.
                              Do these cameras flash where the animals can see it?
                              Asking, because when we moved them around to different feeders the deer stopped showing up.

We have a feeder out the kitchen window. No camera and the deer were at it all the time. We watched them live. We threw up a camera and they gone! Took it down after two weeks of being up and they came back.

Comment

Yes you can see the red glow

Comment

Working...
                                X