No announcement yet.

Spypoint Cell link review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m gonna get one and try it on one of my cheap $30 Walmart Tasco cameras.

Comment

You are right rascal alarms - no question the picture quality suffers. They recommend setting the camera on lowest resolution. Less data to transmit I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        You are right rascal alarms - no question the picture quality suffers. They recommend setting the camera on lowest resolution. Less data to transmit I guess.
        Makes sense John. Thanks....I didn’t catch that in the set up instructions. I’ll try to adjust the setting and see if that helps. It’s not so bad you can’t make out enough details to identify a target animal but I’d definitely like some sharper images.

Comment

Has anyone had issues with their cameras showing "No SD Card" when they plug in the SD Card Cable?

I've gotten that on two of my cameras so far, not sure what I'm doing wrong. One is out taking pics but the one I just tried is a Stealthcam.

Any help would be great!

Comment

Just an update, I picked up a second cell-link and it wouldn’t work with any of my other cameras. I tried a Bushnell, newer WGI, and a Tasco from Walmart - nada. I just returned it and upgraded to the SPYPOINT Micro. I wish they would publish a list of approved cameras.

Skooter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by skooter View Post
              Just an update, I picked up a second cell-link and it wouldn’t work with any of my other cameras. I tried a Bushnell, newer WGI, and a Tasco from Walmart - nada. I just returned it and upgraded to the SPYPOINT Micro. I wish they would publish a list of approved cameras.

Skooter
              Interesting since it’s suppose to work with any camera that has a full size SD card? I have 2 going (noted above) one on a WGI and the other on a Spypoint cam. The device itself houses a micro sd card but I assume you know that.
              Are you sure the sd card cable that you plug into the camera sd card port is fully seated? It should kinda “click” when fully inserted. That’s weird since the basic principle is whatever the camera catches on the card, the device transmits to the server. Wonder if you just got a lemon? I would call Spypoint CS to see what they say.

Comment

Yeah, it’s kind of weird. Both the WGI and Tasco gave ERR on the LCD screen when turned on with the “SD” card from the cell-link. I formatted both the micro-SD and the SD on the cable - same results. I also had SPYPOINT CS log into my unit and push an upgrade. No luck. I’m guess I’m okay with the upgrade to the full-on camera though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh, I'm so glad I took the time to read this. Spypoint and Tacticam both hook into regular cameras and upload to an app?

Comment

Run

Comment

Got one of these today but am having a little trouble setting it up. I downloaded the Spypoint app and when it asked to select a camera the only option was “link dark mhyr”. Did everyone else have that as well?

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                        Got one of these today but am having a little trouble setting it up. I downloaded the Spypoint app and when it asked to select a camera the only option was “link dark mhyr”. Did everyone else have that as well?

It should allow you to scroll down to “cell link” and look something like this.

Comment

Also how long should it take to format the micro SD card? I know it takes a few minutes, but is 10-15 minutes too long?

Comment

Also how long should it take to format the micro SD card? I know it takes a few minutes, but is 10-15 minutes too long?
                            Yeah I was surprised how long it takes when you don’t do the “quick format”. Don’t know that it’s necessary but that’s what the instructions say so I went with it

Comment

Well it finally finished formatting but is not sending pics. The camera LED goes of so I’m pretty sure it’s taking a pi when I walk in front but it’s not transmitting them. It could be on my part though, I’m not sure I set up the account right.

Comment

Spypoint Cell link review

Well it finally finished formatting but is not sending pics. The camera LED goes of so I’m pretty sure it’s taking a pi when I walk in front but it’s not transmitting them. It could be on my part though, I’m not sure I set up the account right.

Make sure you have the transfer time set up in settings, cellular setup. You can set it to start transferring to you at a certain time every day and up to 12 times a day OR even “each detection”. If you do the later it will eat up the batteries however.

Comment

Working...
                                X