No announcement yet.

Spypoint Cell link review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Academy has these for $49. It’s the universal ones. I’m guessing those work with both AT&T and Verizon?

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
      Academy has these for $49. It’s the universal ones. I’m guessing those work with both AT&T and Verizon?
      No, the universal works with AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint. They have a separate model for Verizon.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        No, the universal works with AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint. They have a separate model for Verizon.
        Thanks. I have AT&T so the universal should be good.

Comment

Yeah, if you know that AT&T has strong coverage in the area, go with that. The carrier's coverage maps are kinda iffy. The Verizon map I found online showed strong coverage at our place but the Cell Link picked up almost no signal at all. Another tip - if service is spotty one of these antennas on top of a 10' piece of conduit helps a lot

Comment

I've been running one for a month and have been really happy with it.

Comment

I actually have the Stealthcam Fusion.... bought it at Sams Club for 129$. But it comes with 90 days free with unlimited pics. And it also included the SD card. It has been awesome! I like how you can adjust it from your phone. It did have an update pending... so I will need to go out soon and get the camera so I can run the update. Battery life has been great on it. Much better than the life on a friend of mines Spypoint that he had. I feel like 129$ was a pretty good deal.

Comment

I'm pretty happy with the one I'm running on a Browning Strike Force.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0657_202010231203Q9LzP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	24634206

Comment

When you replace batteries, turn it off, replace the batteries then turn it back on. We swapped batteries and drove home only to find two of the three cams needed to be turned off and back on. Very frustrating. In the future, we won't leave until they are taking pictures.

Comment

Yeah, if you know that AT&T has strong coverage in the area, go with that. The carrier's coverage maps are kinda iffy. The Verizon map I found online showed strong coverage at our place but the Cell Link picked up almost no signal at all. Another tip - if service is spotty one of these antennas on top of a 10' piece of conduit helps a lot
                    https://www.amazon.com/Bingfu-Waterp...93&sr=8-5&th=1
                    Thanks!

Comment

Another tip - make sure you buy a class 10 micro SD card of no more than 32mb. You also need to format the card (not “quick format”) before inserting it
                      I'm a guess and check kind of guy so i opted to see what would happen if i did not format the card. Slapped a brand new card in. Works like a champ. Pulled card out last weekend. Put in computer. Put back in camera without formatting. Still working like a champ.

Comment

Mine is taking pictures, because when I check status on the camera the time is updating every time it takes a picture, but it’s not uploading the pictures to the app.

Any ideas? Signal and battery say 100%

Comment

I bought one last week. So far i have no negative reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                            Mine is taking pictures, because when I check status on the camera the time is updating every time it takes a picture, but it’s not uploading the pictures to the app.

Any ideas? Signal and battery say 100%

I think when you check the “status” of the camera in the app the date it is stating is the last time the camera communicated with the server. Not necessarily that a picture was taken? Idk, I may be wrong.

As for a review, I have 2 Cell Links going that have worked flawlessly since being installed in the field on 8/27. The only quirks I see with them is one eats batteries way faster than the other and I’m not crazy about the picture quality. I only assume the later has something to do with the transfer of the data since the cameras takes way better quality pics on a regular sd card.

Here are some sample pics for reference.

Nighttime pics

Daytime pic

Picture quality of the camera itself without the Cell Link

Comment

I have 3 spypoints and 1 tactacam. I did have problem with one of the spypoint not connecting. Got it working now. The tactacam has been out since early August same set of batteries. Tactacam takes better pics

Comment

Following

Comment

Working...
                                X