August Updated Tropical Weather Forecast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE_RT22 View Post
    I lived in friendswood for Harvey and wasn't here for Ike. Never dealt with wind before. I live in champions forest now and I'm wondering how the north side of Houston fares during a wind event? Snagged a generator from lowes this morning just in case.
    During Ike we lost power for over a week. Lots ofvpoeple were 2 weeks or longer

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
      Yep! Little over 2 weeks for us.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
        It was 2 weeks for us

Comment

I lived in friendswood for Harvey and wasn't here for Ike. Never dealt with wind before. I live in champions forest now and I'm wondering how the north side of Houston fares during a wind event? Snagged a generator from lowes this morning just in case.
          What lowes?

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
            It was 2 weeks for us
            Is there anything else I need to be prepping besides getting all of the loose items in the garage?

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
              Just received a StormGeo update. Surge forecast for Freeport is 2-4 feet with up to 3” rain, winds up to 25mph. Surge forecast for Channelview is 6-9 feet with 3-6” rain and 55mph winds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              Thats child play. Surfside got almost 20" in tide surge a few weeks ago.
              Champions got smoked with wind during ike. Trees down all over for a while. All those tall pines along spring cypress snapped like twigs. I was at champions and spring cypress at its worst. I should have kept the dash cam footage

That said if we get deployed for storm watch I'll be out and about 7p to 7a in the tomball,cypress area and can venture near anywhere the roads will let me. Anyone who leaves dont hesitate to reach out. I'll check by homes,businesses etc

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Quackerbox; 08-25-2020, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                What lowes?
                249 & cypresswood

Comment

The scary thing about this is the tornadoes that can spawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

249 & cypresswood
                    Did they have a lot?

Comment

We are just north of The Woodlands, a mile or two west of 45 and we "hunkered down" for Ike. The winds were not too bad IMO. Had some gusts that really moved around the taller trees and of course knocked some over, but it wasnt a sustained high wind like seen at the coastal areas.

Though, being born and raised in Hawaii I also lived through several as a kid and remember some gnarly stuff.

J

Comment

Did they have a lot?

Conroe did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did they have a lot?
                          Yes, a bit on the pricey side if you ask me but didn't really care.

Comment

Tomball Lowes had a quite a few.

Comment

This is from space city weather after the 10am update. They still are anticipating west shifts in track after the 4pm and 10 pm updates. Johnny and cc bluewater please chome in on your opinions going forward.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Big generators burn a lot of gas
                                I loaned mine to a guy near grant and spring cypress during Ike. Ran two weeks
                                Constant problem with fuel because the gas pumps can’t run

Propane small generator and a big tank would be awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X