Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The horse is missing, too!

Comment

Looks like an antique horse dental speculum: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=...AAAAAdAAAAABAU

Comment

Seized up can’t open

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          You mean something like this . Horse dental halter. Other side is missing. As well as the straps and cross bites.

Man we have some fart smellers around here

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post

Man we have some fart smellers around here
            Agreed!

Comment

I don’t think that’s what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                I don’t think that’s what it is.
                If it is the other half is missing

Comment

Well then, what is it? Cause the link NY_bowman's post #32 has a pic of one too. It was invented by a Dallas vet that had patent rights for a while. The vets name was Dr. F E Rutherford. Founded the Rutherford Veterinary Hospital in Dallas.

Does anyone have any idea about the purpose of this tool? It appears to be cast iron, which at one time had some type of top layer that has worn away...

Comment

Well then, what is it? Cause the link NY_bowman's post #32 has a pic of one too. It was invented by a Dallas vet that had patent rights for a while. The vets name was Dr. F E Rutherford. Founded the Rutherford Veterinary Hospital in Dallas.

Does anyone have any idea about the purpose of this tool? It appears to be cast iron, which at one time had some type of top layer that has worn away...

The one you found looks like the picture of the one in the horses mouth. The original must me missing some attachments.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                      The original must me missing some attachments.
                      Umm, yah. Think that's what I said in post #30?

If you do a search on horse dental speculum images, think you'll get several types.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-07-2020, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Umm, yah. Think that's what I said in post #30?

If you do a search on horse speculum images, think you'll get several types.

Umm, yea. I’m not talking about the other side. I’m talking about where the bridle attaches to the bit.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X