Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

See ya later TCU....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
    Is it ok if it ends with an "a" instead of an "r"? If it isn't OK in any context does everyone have to apologize for using it? Hell, it is a term of endearment among many.

I think it is crazy that the NCAA started enforcing penalties for the "N" word but it is Kosher to call someone anything else in the book. If you want to throw a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct for cussing at someone that is fine. If you put strict scrutiny on two black dudes for dropping the N word during their jawing that is ridiculous.
    No bro its not ok in any context.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
      Just because people use it doesnt mean its right.
      Just like the GD word. It amazes me how many people use it and how horrible of a word it really is. Believe me brother im no saint by any means. Im also not white and i have lived on the East side of San Antonio and have never had any issues at all on my side of town personally. I like all people i only really dislike idiots.
      Then why aren't we talking about the player that used it?! Why isn't he being threatened with losing his scholarship unless he renders a public apology? Its because the usage of the word bears a double standard.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
        Thats BS. He was telling a player he was tired of him using that word and to not use it again. There's NOTHING wrong with that
        Yup. I bet in every locker room these days, especially with idiots posting stuff on social media, coaches tell players not use certain words referring to women. Should they apologize to women for instructing 18-22 year old people not to refer to them as X, Y, Z etc. if they say those words in making clear the team knows it is not acceptable?

I go Norman Dale on this. "I apologize for nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
          No bro its not ok in any context.
          Don't call me bro! I find that offensive.

I watch football will a couple retired NFL friends and man, I guess I need to tell them they need to apologize to each other at least 5 times a quarter. People shouldn't determine what others should find offensive. If they think it is OK in the context in which they use it--it is!

Comment

crazy how twisted up white dudes get about these issues-- more so in my experience that the "offended" parties most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
              Why not? Why won’t one of these overpaid pansies grow a pair and tell the players to shove it?
              They have no principles.
              I guarantee you I’d quit 1 year short of retirement tomorrow if my organization said I had to wear a Nike logo or a blm logo at work.
              These folks have money but they are no different as individuals than Nike is as an organization. Money is all that matters, doing the right thing be ****ed

Comment

If it’s that offensive, send every kid who uses the word packing. No scholly, no nada.

These same kids think an education isn’t payment enough for playing football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  If it’s that offensive, send every kid who uses the word packing. No scholly, no nada.

Send the ones that use it packing?? Ppffft. That would shut sports down faster than COVID did. There wouldn't be many players left..

But yea I agree..

Comment

Exactly

Comment

"May you live in interesting times." No, I want the boring times back.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                        Ok. Looking back I see what happened their. Actually did it too posts in a row.
                        it wasn't aimed at you-- i just saw the grammar nitpicking and then your error so I quoted your post.

Comment

I thought that was the point... wasn't he calling out a kid for using the word?

In the world we live in, if he'd said "the N-word" there'd be no issue. It wasn't smart to actually say it.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                            Ok. Looking back I see what happened their. Actually did it too posts in a row.
                            There*. Are you trolling us now?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                              There*. Are you trolling us now?

Know he’s not

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                                I thought that was the point... wasn't he calling out a kid for using the word?

In the world we live in, if he'd said "the N-word" there'd be no issue. It wasn't smart to actually say it.
                                How is him saying the spelled out version more harmful than saying “n-word” when it is to correct someone from saying it? He was not using it to describe anyone. If it is so bothersome, why is it used in rap sounds? How and the hell is the word offensive to a player that just said it himself. People are just looking for every excuse to be offended.

Comment

Working...
                                X