Lawn pre emergent time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saltyag15 View Post
    Firing this one back up for the Fall! Looks like slightly cooler temperatures are in the forecast, along with a chance at some showers down here in South Texas. Anyone looking at putting down a round of pre-emergent at the end of the weekend/first part of next week? Or do y'all think it's still too early?

I have been thinking about getting the pre emergent out with the cooler temps
    To see how it does
    Last year I didn’t put it out till November ish
    So may give this a whirl and see if any diff occurs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Best stuff there is for brown patch preventative
      32 oz per acre
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
        Perfect time is now, pre-emerge mixed with a heavy shot of fungicide for St. Augustine and Zoysia grasses.
        What product would you recommend for st. Aug?

Hoping to throw something out this weekend!

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          What product would you recommend for st. Aug?

Hoping to throw something out this weekend!

Thank you
          I use 1.5 quart of Atrazine and 1/2 lb of Barricade per acre, you can mix fungicide in with it. Always mix granular like barricade first in tank before adding others. I only use this in a yard that’s 100% mature, I can’t use barricade on a turf grass farm because where we harvest, the St. Augustine runners/stolens will stick up in the air and die when we get a frost.

Comment

I use 1.5 quart of Atrazine and 1/2 lb of Barricade per acre, you can mix fungicide in with it. Always mix granular like barricade first in tank before adding others. I only use this in a yard that’s 100% mature, I can’t use barricade on a turf grass farm because where we harvest, the St. Augustine runners/stolens will stick up in the air and die when we get a frost.
            Much appreciated. This is for sod that was installed of march this year.

Comment

I just put down two pallets of centipede last week. I have Barricade I’m about to spread, do I need to dodge the fresh sod ?

Comment

[QUOTE=RMW;15803830]I use 1.5 quart of Atrazine and 1/2 lb of Barricade per acre, you can mix fungicide in with it. Always mix granular like barricade first in tank before adding others. I only use this in a yard that’s 100% mature, I can’t use barricade on a turf grass farm because where we harvest, the St. Augustine runners/stolens will stick up in the air and die when we get a frost.

Thanks for advice. Would this work if I added this mixture to a 22 gallon spray tank??

Comment

I typically put out the Nitrpohos barricade granules as I don't have a big sprayer. What do you recommend as a granular fungicide?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    I just put down two pallets of centipede last week. I have Barricade I’m about to spread, do I need to dodge the fresh sod ?
                    You should be ok, I wouldn’t use Atrazine on any type of Bermuda or Zoysia though, a lot safer with Simizine, Barricade is good at preventing grassy weeds not so much on broadleafs, Simizine really helps with both, especially broadleafs.

Comment

[quote=jbhlsu;15803922]

Thanks for advice. Would this work if I added this mixture to a 22 gallon spray tank??
                      Yes as so long as the 22 gallons does about 1 acre.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteveo View Post
                        I typically put out the Nitrpohos barricade granules as I don't have a big sprayer. What do you recommend as a granular fungicide?
                        This here is the same active ingredient as Abound
                        Attached Files

Comment

Can I use the same Home Depot Vigaro or Scotts weed and feed we use early spring....or is this need to be different?

Comment

We had some good rain in the forecast in the San Antonio area this week. Put my first round of pre-emergent yesterday evening and woke up to a wet yard this morning. Doesn't get much better

Comment

Please stop using anything that says "Weed and Feed" if you give 1/2 a s#@t about your trees and shrubs. It's just a ignorant practice.

Like taking a vitamin that has a cancer inducing agent.

Comment

Working...
                              X