The NHL is Back!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    I saw that all of both teams knelt. Dallas and Nashville.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

It was 2 from Dallas, Seguin and Dickinson. Still not right, but you know me....

I was more offended by their 3rd period defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      It was 2 from Dallas, Seguin and Dickinson. Still not right, but you know me....

I was more offended by their 3rd period defense.

agreed... after that second period, I thought we had turned a corner.. until I watched the third period.

Comment

Wow. The Stars are on the verge of elimination. They haven’t really showed up in this series.

The silver lining, if you can call it that, if they get eliminated is they will go into the 2nd draft lottery and have a chance at the number 1 pick in the 2020 draft. It is the only draft choice up for grabs in this part of the lottery. All the teams that get eliminated in the “Qualifier” round have an equal chance...it isn’t weighted like the “normal” or first part of the draft lottery.

2020 NHL DRAFT ORDER

1. ???

2. Los Angeles Kings

3. Ottawa Senators (from San Jose Sharks)

4. Detroit Red Wings

5. Ottawa Senators

6. Anaheim Ducks

7. New Jersey Devils

8. Buffalo

Picks No. 9-15 will be assigned to the other teams that lose the eight qualifier series, in inverse order of their points percentage.

Picks 16-31 will be determined by the results of the playoffs.

Comment

Huh? Isn’t this basically a “seeding” round robin.....to see who’ll they’ll play the first playoff series against? But yes....they are playing horrible!!

Comment

Growing up the company my dad worked for had season tickets to the Beaumont Wildcatters. I LOVED going to those games! The seats were on the glass, and we saw a dude get his tooth knocked out right in front of us. I'm not sure why I don't currently watch hockey because I loved it when I was a kid.

Comment

They will end up picking 16 and keeping their trend of mediocrity

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                Huh? Isn’t this basically a “seeding” round robin.....to see who’ll they’ll play the first playoff series against? But yes....they are playing horrible!!
                My bad. The Stars are playing round robin. Not sure why I was thinking they were playing a series. It's too late to edit my previous post.

Fo those who aren't aware, because the season was shortened, the NHL expanded the playoffs to 24 teams (normally 16) and added the Qualifier round. The teams that finished 1 thru 4 in their conference are playing round robin games to determine seeding for the first round. These teams are guaranteed a spot in the Quarterfinal round (normally the first round).

The teams that finished 5 thru 12 are playing a 5-game series (5 plays 12, 6 plays 11, etc.) in the Qualifier round. Four teams will be eliminated. The four teams that win will be re-seeded to 5 thru 8 and will play one of the top 4 teams in the Quaterfinal round.

Comment

The first game of the Columbus-Tampa series is going to OT.

Dallas-Calgary about to drop the puck.

Comment

Stars lose Game 1 to Calgary 3-2.

Comment

They looked terrible also. They have such a terrible coach.

Comment

Awful. Seguin is useless, Radulov isn’t far behind. Coach suuuucks.

Comment

The offensively challenged Stars started game 6 by giving up 3 goals in the first 12 minutes.

They have scored SEVEN unanswered goals, without the top line having a point....of those old dudes get their legs, this could be bad ***! If they don’t, they’re about to get swept!

There is Nothing like the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Comment

The NHL adjusted the schedule to eliminate some down time. The Stars series vs Colorado begins tonight at 7pm

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
                              The NHL adjusted the schedule to eliminate some down time. The Stars series vs Colorado begins tonight at 7pm
                              My two teams.

Comment

The Stars actually played a solid game. If they can continue that, they are a force. Some reason the effort is not there every game.

Comment

Working...
                                X