X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id go for Montana or Alaska

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Be pretty hard to get me to leave TX. Can always hunt something even in the offseason (pigs, coons, yotes, etc.), excellent fishing lakes & rivers, and many other outdoor activities. I think you just need to get out of Tyler and find you about 100 acres in E or NE TX with a river bottom and you can have all the fun (and work) outdoors a man could want.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        I love the Boothbay area. 2hrs from Bangor, right on the coast.

Also, the Eastport area is nice. I went hunting up there a few years ago for bear. Didn't kill anything, only saw one, but I killed a bunch of lobsters.
        I’m heading up there after Labor Day for a bear hunt near Ashland Maine. It’s about 2 1/2 hrs north of Bangor. One of our favorite places is Belfast. Great little coastal town.

Comment

Have a close friend that lives in Kalispell, MT
          If you are moving out that way you better hurry because the left coast population is buying up property & homes like crazy right now.
          Prices are ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
            Portland
            Hunting will be good when there’s an Antifa season. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post
              Bozeman, MT seems to be a great place. If I wasn’t nailed to Texas, I would definitely consider moving up there.
              Its our #1. It is PRICEY though.

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
              Be pretty hard to get me to leave TX. Can always hunt something even in the offseason (pigs, coons, yotes, etc.), excellent fishing lakes & rivers, and many other outdoor activities. I think you just need to get out of Tyler and find you about 100 acres in E or NE TX with a river bottom and you can have all the fun (and work) outdoors a man could want.
              We have 13 acres and I have shot a hog on it and had a promising young buck on cam year before last but no pics last season.... maybe he didn't make it? I plan to get a feeder light to up my pig total this fall I guess.
              I have DCNF within 1 hour and 15 minutes, several public places within two hours. Sure thats nicer than it could be, I have hunted them a bit but it makes for a long commute. I just don't get in the huntin' mood when it is 95 out. I now this sounds snobbish but I only like to salt water fish. I LOVE saltwater fishing and we had an offshore boat when I lived in The Woodlands but everytime I catch a freshwater fish it looks like a good baitfish for offshore to me. At home, during the summer the days are brutally hot. In the mornings and evenings I get what we have to get done like yard work, working in my shop maintaining or fixing something, going for a run getting ready for elk season, but as soon as I can I am back in the AC. In the fall and winter, I love being outside but daylight cuts short everything then. We really can't take advantage of long days in the summer because it is so dang hot.

I don't do the deer lease thing because I think they are rip-offs. (No hate mail please). But I go out west every year for Elk (Montana this year) and at least one other hunt (Illinois slug gun this year) I kill a few pigs every year on public land and once every few years a nice buck (don't shoot does, spikes or barely legal bucks on public, I usually am alone and don't want the hassle).

I want to live somewhere where I can roam around on public land close by, not soak my shirt with sweat while watching fireworks on the fourth of july, and has outdoor stuff to do that isn't just hunting two months a year.

Comment

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
                As a resident you get to hunt Moose, whitetail, Muley, sheep, Bears black and grizz, pheasant and erthang else you can imagine. Even wolves. Fishing is better than any other place you can imagine. Women are available year round but you can't be picky and must like Kanuks and not be afraid to fly in small plans with skis to get in and out in winter.

Comment

Outer Banks in North Carolina or the Florida Keys.

Comment

Anywhere cooler with mountains. Sedona AZ would be good!

Comment

Like to live? I live at Lake Fork.

Comment

This question is rapidly coming up at the wife and I. We need a lot of amenities and somewhere like Llano is out of the question. Being city folks all of our life - remote is out of the question. Don't have a clue.........

Comment

Mack’s Creek Missouri plan is to be there in 3 years will be 25 years in Texas love Texas but Missouri is home and all the grandkids are there

Comment

All y’all guys need to go ahead and take the plunge, get out of this god forsaken hell hole. Move to the mountains and live in peace and harmony.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                              I like hunting and fishing in Alaska. My profile pic is from there... but I don't want to trade the frying pan for the deep freeze either.
                              I can do the cold IF im hunting. If not hunting plan would be full time knifemaking and fullfulling years worth od backorders. Fire up the forge and stay toasty lol

Comment

What? No yankees on here? Dont get me wrong. I love the western states. And Texas. But was checking out the Northeast the otherday for retirement ops. and have to admit; New Hampshire looked pretty good. Tons of public hunting land, hunter friendly farmers, big deer, moose, bear, no state sales or income tax, and no permit needed to conceal carry. Yea, I know...you do have to like the snow...

Comment

Working...
                                X