Leaving tomorrow for Texas!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
    My long awaited move to Texas will start tomorrow. Thanks to all of you that have already welcomed me.
    So what part of the state are you moving to? I have found people who live quite a ways from Texas, have no idea what Texas is really like and how much it varies. They have one image in their heads and that is Texas to them, their image they have of Texas is sometimes correct for one little area, but not the whole state.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigcoyote View Post
      Welcome! But dont expect to ever be a considered a Texan by some here. At least thats what I was told when I moved here 30 years ago from upstate NY.
      Woman sitting next to me in the bloodmobile: You dont sound like you’re from around here.
      Me: No ma’am. I’m from upstate NY.
      She: So you’re a yankee then.
      Me: I suppose so. But what if I live here 30 years? Will I be a Texan then?
      She: Nope. You’ll still be a yankee.
      Me: What if I marry a Texas girl (which I have done). Will I be a Texan then?
      She: No. You’ll always be a yankee.
      Me: What if this Texas girl and I have a son? (Which we have done) Will he be a Texan?
      She: Nope. He’ll be half-Texan. You’re still a yankee.
      The woman you were talking to is correct, she is a true Texan.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
          Welcome to Texas! I, sadly, was born in okiehoma and it took me almost the entire first year of my life to impress upon my parents the egregious error they had made imparting that upon me and that they must immediately move me to Texas to rectify said error. What part of this great state are you moving to?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My mom was born in New Mexico, while her Mom was traveling. Didn’t get back to Texas for two weeks. We never let her forget the fact that she wasn’t born here.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
          Man, that ticks her off![emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to Texas!

Comment

Welcome!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome! But don't expect to ever be a considered a Texan by some here. At least thats what I was told when I moved here 30 years ago from upstate NY.
                Woman sitting next to me in the bloodmobile: You don't sound like you’re from around here.
                She: So you’re a Yankee then.
                She: Nope. You’ll still be a Yankee.
                She: No. You’ll always be a Yankee.
                Me: What if this Texas girl and I have a son? (Which we have done) Will he be a Texan?
                She: Nope. He’ll be half-Texan. You’re still a Yankee.
                Truth! My wife is from Yankee parents. Well her dad anyway. He was born in upstate NY but they moved here when he was a kid but all there other family is still up there in Yankee land. My wife is born and raised here in Texas but I still give her crap about having Yankee blood in her and I still consider her dad a Yankee.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                  The woman you were talking to is correct, she is a true Texan.
                  Yep. She should have told him he epyld never be a Texan as long as he talked like a Yankee.

Comment

Come on!!

Comment

Welcome! But dont expect to ever be a considered a Texan by some here. At least thats what I was told when I moved here 30 years ago from upstate NY.
                      Woman sitting next to me in the bloodmobile: You dont sound like you’re from around here.
                      She: So you’re a yankee then.
                      She: Nope. You’ll still be a yankee.
                      She: No. You’ll always be a yankee.
                      She: Nope. He’ll be half-Texan. You’re still a yankee.
                      Of course, to some degree, it's a matter of perspective. I had good friends in college who quite firmly insisted anyone north of the Nueces is a yankee![emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Howdy! Since Mike Pence is from Indiana, we'll let you in on a provisional basis. Welcome to the campfire!

I hope you enjoy your move and all stays well!

Comment

Everyone has no choice where they are born.
                            But sure as heck get to make a choice where you die.
                            There is no place like Texas.

Comment

Welcome to Texas.

Comment

Welcome to Texas

Comment

Working...
                                X