2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    Ok I have solidified myself as the worst fisherman on TBH, I won't go in to it but we've been in Galveston for 3 days and will be heading out tomorrow morning, we are going to head south to the Lake Jacobson area and my wife wants some good ceviche.... any help on a good seafood place we can hit for lunch?

I’d make sure I stayed in G-town for lunch if seafood is on the menu. Lake Jackson doesn’t have any good seafood. I think Red Lobster and Long John Silver make the top 5. Lol. You got a couple decent places in Surfside but nothing to write home about.

Comment

Whats the go to on a Sunday in gtown for some good ceviche?

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
        Whats the go to on a Sunday in gtown for some good ceviche?
        Drive up to Kemah and hit the Swamp Shack...

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          Drive up to Kemah and hit the Swamp Shack...

Swamp shack is a friend of mines dads place. Good stuff!

Comment

Labor Day Matagorda

Had a great trip to Matagorda this weekend. Started Saturday with the Trump parade and ended Monday with a good box. My son committed to throwing top waters and DSL's all weekend and it payed off big time for us.

[ATTACH]1018445[/ATTACH]

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Hit the Matagorda surf from Sun-Tues morning. Over-all it was pretty slow but I did catch my pb redfish on Sunday(41"). Big thanks to Dirty Mike for dropping some surf knowledge on me and letting me fish with his gear and tackle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Fishing was a grind this weekend with very little tide movement. The boys and I still managed to squeak out 10 on Saturday morning and 15 on Sunday. I also caught a really cool sunrise photo of my oldest after he jumped out of the boat with a topwater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Quite a bit slower today than Monday. Only 8 slot reds and 3 bulls. I do believe we all need a blood transfusion, the north wind blew every mosquito out of the marsh and onto the beach!

It was shaping up to be a very slow day. We only had one keeper in the box after almost 3 hours. Then all of a sudden, 5 rods doubled over at almost the same time! Made for a hectic few minutes, it was Democrats and elbows there for a bit. Four slots and a bull. Then after we got rods back in the water my wife hooks up with what we thought was a huge bull. She finally gets it in and it is not one, but two slot reds, both about 25-26” long!!

Back at it Friday!

Comment

Bearintex I'm guessing it was about 10:00 this morning they turned on. They did in the marsh about that time. It was a hectic 2 hours haha. The Major feed was at 10:00 am. Job well done.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post

Quite a bit slower today than Monday. Only 8 slot reds and 3 bulls. I do believe we all need a blood transfusion, the north wind blew every mosquito out of the marsh and onto the beach!

It was shaping up to be a very slow day. We only had one keeper in the box after almost 3 hours. Then all of a sudden, 5 rods doubled over at almost the same time! Made for a hectic few minutes, it was Democrats and elbows there for a bit. Four slots and a bull. Then after we got rods back in the water my wife hooks up with what we thought was a huge bull. She finally gets it in and it is not one, but two slot reds, both about 25-26” long!!

Back at it Friday!
                        Man, you are killing em! I have never specifically targeted reds in the surf. How are you rigging up if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Love looking through this thread. Nice to see what everybody is getting into

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                              Man, you are killing em! I have never specifically targeted reds in the surf. How are you rigging up if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              Simple double drop loop leaders I make out of 50 pound mono. Duolock snap on the bottom for a 6 ounce pyramid weight, and a GOOD swivel up top between the leader and main line (30# mono). 6/0 circle hooks on the drops. Using primarily finger mullet, sometimes cut horse mullet if the fingers don’t want to cooperate. Most all of these fish are caught in the first or second gut. Usually cast from the sand.

I will try to get a picture of the leaders next time I have the rods out. The dropper loops are easy to tie after some practice.

Comment

I hope you guys are out there gettin em. It's pretty good right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X