No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going. That big push of water into the marsh, it's fixin to get good.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
      I'm going. That big push of water into the marsh, it's fixin to get good.
      Pondering heading down on Monday.

Comment

We be out in the morning. South shoreline in Matty.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post

Jealous. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We got a beach house reserved on bolivar end of September. Cannot wait to get out there and do some surf fishing!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Goaticorn; 08-28-2020, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Give us an update on your return!

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                My MIL rented out a house the first week in October off the canal by Marker 37 in and invited us down to stay. I'm trying to book guide for the wife and I.

I'm looking for an inshore skinny water trip fishing from the boat (the misses isn't going to wade) with a flexible guide that would allow her to throw bait (probably) and be open to letting me throw artificial.
                We've had a couple rough offshore trips go not so great for her in the past so I really want this one to shine for her.
                I don't care about catching limits and just want make sure she enjoys it because just being there will suffice for me.
                You guys got any recommendations?

Joey Farah and Aaron Loomis are both top notch guides down there. Tell Joey focus on her having a good time and she will have fun.
                Paul braly mentioned is also a great guide.

Comment

We had a fun trip yesterday in W. Matty. It was my daughter's 1st wade fishing trip,so I wasn't sure how she was going to like it. Before we even got through, she had already told her husband, we are gonna get me a pair of ray boots. Fish weren't just slamming it, kinda playing more. We ended up with 17 trout & 4 reds. Nothing better than the whole family out enjoying the outdoors.

Comment

Nice mess of fish. How's the water looking, all settled?

Comment

Dang good mess of Fish David. I really need to get waist deep soon.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        Nice mess of fish. How's the water looking, all settled?
                        It was still cloudy looking. Green ,but not clear like it gets close to shore. Tide was still pretty high.

Comment

We had a fun trip yesterday in W. Matty. It was my daughter's 1st wade fishing trip,so I wasn't sure how she was going to like it. Before we even got through, she had already told her husband, we are gonna get me a pair of ray boots. Fish weren't just slamming it, kinda playing more. We ended up with 17 trout & 4 reds. Nothing better than the whole family out enjoying the outdoors.

Nicely done David!! All artificial?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            Nicely done David!! All artificial?
                            Thanks Shane!
                            LOL! No sir. I threw plastic for an hour or so. Not a bump, I switched to live and joined in the fun.

Comment

LOL! No sir. I threw plastic for an hour or so. Not a bump, I switched to live and joined in the fun.
                              Ok ... all good. Looks like a great trip! Being with family makes it that much sweeter!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

David looks like a dang good time!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X