No announcement yet.

Softside coolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a look at AO coolers best I've ever had, soft side that is.

Comment

What am I missing out on with the soft sided coolers? For that matter, what am I missing out on that my 25 yr old igloo isn't doing for me?
      Last edited by Big Lee; 07-07-2020, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
        Are you all leaving these in the back of your truck or buggies all day in the sun? I got a Yeti Hopper 2 40 about 2 years ago and it’s still in perfect like new condition. There is no way I’d leave it exposed in the hot summer sun all day long over and over. It stays in the back seat of my truck or in the back cargo area of my 4Runner. I think a hard cooler is a much better choice for a truck bed/buggie bed cooler.
        I use mine all the time, mostly outside in the sun. I have never owned a small hard side cooler that works as good as the softside, and also they take up more room in a buggy bed.

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
          Take a look at AO coolers best I've ever had, soft side that is.
          Which model do you have?

Comment

Following. I've gone through 2 Yeti Hoppers due to zipper issues. When they warrantied the second one I had them send me a Tundra instead of another Hopper. Would love another soft side but don't want to waste money on junk.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
              Following. I've gone through 2 Yeti Hoppers due to zipper issues. When they warrantied the second one I had them send me a Tundra instead of another Hopper. Would love another soft side but don't want to waste money on junk.
              The new magnet Hoppers are far superior to the old zipper style.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                I use mine all the time, mostly outside in the sun. I have never owned a small hard side cooler that works as good as the softside, and also they take up more room in a buggy bed.
                Pretty much this. I’m not paying that much for a cooler to baby it. I’m going to use it when I need it and where I need it. If the cooler can’t handle that, then I don’t need it. My yetis haven’t failed due to heat, and both that failed lasted considerably longer than 6 months. I do believe heat helped contribute to the issue with my Rtic, but another one that we bought at the same time for my dad had the exact same issue. His wasn’t left out in the heat, but it did take around a year for it to happen. I think the heat just sped the issue up for me.

Comment

Yukon Outfitters!!

Comment

I still have one of the Gen 1 Yeti Hopper 30 that is 4/5 years old and still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You're over thinking it my man. KISS

Igloo's Playmate Elite Ultra 16 Qt Cooler. A consumer favorite for 40 years with a soft-touch handle

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

https://www.igloocoolers.com/collect...a-16-qt-cooler

I guess if 25 minutes of ice retention is fine then yeah that will work[emoji23]

Comment

Softside coolers

I have the Rtic 20.... 4 years maybe? still going strong. Zipper is still stiff but works.

But, I prefer my Yeti Roadie 20 hardside for ease of entry and keeping stuff ice cold. I make room for it...I don’t care. I find a way to work around it and even carry it out in the dove field (preferably dropped off.[emoji51]. It’s prob only 6”x 15” wider than my soft side so it’s not big enough to make a difference for me.

Comment

I’ve never had a problem with Rtic. But I’ve also never paid full cost. Wait for a sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post

https://www.igloocoolers.com/collect...a-16-qt-cooler
                              I have had a few of those and some igloos called the ice cube. I really like the soft side one better.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                I have the Rtic 20.... 4 years maybe? still going strong. Zipper is still stiff but works.

But, I prefer my Yeti Roadie 20 hardside for ease of entry and keeping stuff ice cold. I make room for it...I don’t care. I find a way to work around it and even carry it out in the dove field (preferably dropped off.[emoji51]. It’s prob only 6”x 15” wider than my soft side so it’s not big enough to make a difference for me.
                                I have the small pelican cooler and probably should use it . I will go look at the yeti soft side.

Comment

Working...
                                X